PLEASE HELP me with offline address book

PLEASE HELP me with offline address book

Post by kennet » Wed, 31 Oct 2001 02:43:40

Hi all,

I am having a really BIG problem with my offline address book!!

I have installed exchange 2000 with all necessary connection between
exchange 5.x and the exchange 2000 server. Everything is working grate
except when the client (outlook 2000) will tray to download the offline
address book! They cant se anything in the pull down menu!

Please anyone,,, help me

Regards,
Kenneth

1. Help with Offline Address Books and Address Book Views please

I have a problem which is really beginning to annoy me...

I manage a small server (NT4 sp6a, Exchange Server 5.5 sp4) with only
aprox. 100 users on it. I have set up a couple of recipient containers
but after much reading of this group and following peoples advice, I
now use Address Book Views.

Whilst working online (ie via the LAN) I can see the correct
recipeints in the correct views - (set on 'By Company') so I assume I
have setup the search right ok - indeed - if I log in as an
Administrator, I can even see the 'Recipients' container as well as
the ABV...

now my problem...

if working offline, when I try and download the OAB i get an error
message saying "An error ocurred while opening the Microsoft Exchange
Offline address
book files on Exchange Server.  See your administrator" - I setup to
OAB by first removing the GAL then adding the ABVs I require and
finally pressing the 'Generate All' button - E/S then promptly tells
me it has generated the OAB's - until - as above - I try to download
them! - however, if I add back in the GAL to the OAB in DS-Site
Config, my offline clients can download an OAB - but of course they
get everything - does any one know where I may be goping wrong or can
give me some pointers

I have tried searching MS and Deja - but can't seem to find anything
:-(

Thanks in advance to all..

2. Authentification issues sorta

3. Offline Address Book -- Exchange 5.5 Outlook Offline Address Book -- Any way to get this back

4. Exchange5.5 disk configuration. Comments welcome

5. Certificate Server .vs. KM Server .vs. Encryption...

6. Exceeding License? NOT! Please Help

7. Offline address book problem, please help

8. Fail to generate offline address book..please help

9. Please Help - Exchange 5.5 won't let me create Offline Address Book

10. PLEASE PLEASE HELP: Address Book View Permissions