Problem Installing Web Outlook Access.

Post by Mark Skile » Wed, 28 Apr 1999 04:00:00

When trying to install Outlook Web Access, I get an error saying I must have
previously installed NT 4.0, IIS and Active Server Pages.

The first two are already installed, but where do I find Active Server
Pages?

Problem Installing Web Outlook Access.

Post by Kimmo Bergius [MVP » Wed, 28 Apr 1999 04:00:00

NT Service Pack 3 CD there is a separate file to install this called
ASPSETUP.EXE or something like that.

Cheers,
Kimmo

Quote:> When trying to install Outlook Web Access, I get an error saying I must
have
> previously installed NT 4.0, IIS and Active Server Pages.

> The first two are already installed, but where do I find Active Server
> Pages?

Problem Installing Web Outlook Access.

Post by wongs » Tue, 04 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi Mark,
I believe you need IIS 3.0 or above for the Active Server Pages.

Regards,
Wong SY

> When trying to install Outlook Web Access, I get an error saying I must have
> previously installed NT 4.0, IIS and Active Server Pages.

> The first two are already installed, but where do I find Active Server
> Pages?

Problem Installing Web Outlook Access.

Post by Josh Bachrac » Wed, 05 May 1999 04:00:00

I am installing a firewall on our NT network.  Does anyone have info on how
to determine what mail protocols to allow?  Is it SMTP for outgoing and POP
for incoming?  Maybe someone could point me toward a MS document that
explains this.

I appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks!

Problem Installing Web Outlook Access.

Post by David Caylo » Wed, 05 May 1999 04:00:00

Try this one:
TCP Ports and Microsoft Exchange: In-depth Discussion
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q176/4/66.asp

Quote:> I am installing a firewall on our NT network.  Does anyone have info on
how
> to determine what mail protocols to allow?  Is it SMTP for outgoing and
POP
> for incoming?  Maybe someone could point me toward a MS document that
> explains this.

> I appreciate any help you can offer.

> Thanks!

Problem Installing Web Outlook Access.

Post by Anthon » Thu, 06 May 1999 04:00:00

You need to allow incoming and outgoing connections on port 25 (SMTP), and
incoming connections on port 110 (POP3).  That is sufficient if you are
using only Internet mail clients with Exchange.  For OWA access, you'll need
port 80 (HTTP) open for incoming connections as well.

If you are using native MAPI clients, the situation gets more complicated
(too much so to summarize here).

  -- Anthony

Quote:> I am installing a firewall on our NT network.  Does anyone have info on
how
> to determine what mail protocols to allow?  Is it SMTP for outgoing and
POP
> for incoming?  Maybe someone could point me toward a MS document that
> explains this.

> I appreciate any help you can offer.

> Thanks!

1. Problem Installing Web Outlook Access.

When trying to install Outlook Web Access, I get an error saying I must have
previously installed NT 4.0, IIS and Active Server Pages.

The first two are already installed, but where do I find Active Server
Pages?

2. Names Autocompleting

3. Force exchange server to check for new mail?

4. Suppressing eseutil popup warnings

5. Problems installing Outlook Web Access

6. SMTP, IMS, Post.Office and Routing mail

7. Problems after installing Outlook Web Access

8. Problems installing Outlook Web Access

9. Outlook Web Access - Install problems

10. Problems installing Outlook Web Access