how to poll MSX for users free busy

Post by Peter Hunda » Thu, 05 Dec 2002 00:11:32

Hi,

Wondering if there is a tool or a means of polling a MSX 5.5 or 2k box so
that I can view all the users free busy information and publish it to a URL
to share with other users not on the same system. Would like to publish the
info in *.vfb format.

Thanks

-p

how to poll MSX for users free busy

Post by Tom Rizzo [MS » Sat, 07 Dec 2002 00:53:06

Sure.  You can write a service that polls the free/busy using CDO and
publishes it out.  I've never heard of .vfb before but if you know the
format, you can translate the free/busy into that format.

Tom

--
Looking for a good book on ADSI, Outlook and Exchange Server development?
If so, check out:

Quote:> Hi,

> Wondering if there is a tool or a means of polling a MSX 5.5 or 2k box so
> that I can view all the users free busy information and publish it to a
URL
> to share with other users not on the same system. Would like to publish
the
> info in *.vfb format.

> Thanks

> -p

1. Free / Busy Exchange ( SEND / RECIEVE Free/Busy Information ) problems

exchange 5.5 sp3

outlook 2000

under outlook send/receive there is an option to send/receive free/busy
information ( I would assume this means NOW, not in the default 15
minutes. )

however it is grayed out..

anyone know how to enable this?

What are others doing for quicker free/busy information published?  doesn't
it cause confusion if someone tries to schedule a resource within the same
15 minutes?? I have changed to 5 minutes, but don't know if it will
adversely affect the network performance.

thanks

mike

2. How do I setup more than one email domain?

3. Lost my Free/Busy database (Schedule+ Free and Busy public folder)

4. Transfering File Attachments

5. Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector sending messages to Outlook users

6. Easiest way to migrate 5.5 from One NT4 domain to a different Win2k domain

7. Hiding Free Busy Information for a user?

8. Determining if the user has set the "Out of Office" flag

9. Corrupted Calendar / Free-Busy for one user

10. mail delivery to a pst and having any user view free/busy time on Exchange

11. Free/Busy unavailable after July31 for all users

12. free/busy data not available for some users

13. Hiding free-busy time from certain users