Exhange 2k & Terminal Services App Mode

Post by Matt » Thu, 13 Mar 2003 21:37:14

I'm trying to find information on whether I can run Exchange 2000 on a
windows 2000 server running terminal services in application mode. I can't
find anything that says either way if it's OK to do, a link to any MS info
on the subject would be especially helpful as I need to pass this on to a
customer.

Assuming it is possible, would I need to reinstall Exchange once I'd
switched the server over to app mode (it's currently in remote admin mode).

Any help greatly appreciated

Exhange 2k & Terminal Services App Mode

Post by Y.W.Cho » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 00:41:16

Hi,

Just wondering why do you want to run this 2 power draining servers APPS on
the same box ? Not really a good idea.

Rgds.

Y.W.Choy

> I'm trying to find information on whether I can run Exchange 2000 on a
> windows 2000 server running terminal services in application mode. I can't
> find anything that says either way if it's OK to do, a link to any MS info
> on the subject would be especially helpful as I need to pass this on to a
> customer.

> Assuming it is possible, would I need to reinstall Exchange once I'd
> switched the server over to app mode (it's currently in remote admin
mode).

> Any help greatly appreciated

Exhange 2k & Terminal Services App Mode

Post by Matt » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 18:27:21

Actually I don't want to run them on the same server so was looking for
something to support me in not doing it! Have been sent the following (by

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q282009

> Hi,

> Just wondering why do you want to run this 2 power draining servers APPS
on
> the same box ? Not really a good idea.

> Rgds.

> Y.W.Choy

> > I'm trying to find information on whether I can run Exchange 2000 on a
> > windows 2000 server running terminal services in application mode. I
can't
> > find anything that says either way if it's OK to do, a link to any MS
info
> > on the subject would be especially helpful as I need to pass this on to
> > customer.

> > Assuming it is possible, would I need to reinstall Exchange once I'd
> > switched the server over to app mode (it's currently in remote admin
> mode).

> > Any help greatly appreciated

Exhange 2k & Terminal Services App Mode

Post by Billy Tolche » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 09:03:46

Here is your reason for not doing it..

You can spend the money for two separate servers,..and come out with the
same cost as if you 'beafed' up a single server to handle all of that load.
Not to mention, performance for the price will be better...

Also, I reload those servers 2 or 3 times a year two maintain
performance...if you have other services running on that box, you will
obviously have more trouble with that..

--
Billy Tolcher

> Actually I don't want to run them on the same server so was looking for
> something to support me in not doing it! Have been sent the following (by

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q282009

> > Hi,

> > Just wondering why do you want to run this 2 power draining servers APPS
> on
> > the same box ? Not really a good idea.

> > Rgds.

> > Y.W.Choy

> > > I'm trying to find information on whether I can run Exchange 2000 on a
> > > windows 2000 server running terminal services in application mode. I
> can't
> > > find anything that says either way if it's OK to do, a link to any MS
> info
> > > on the subject would be especially helpful as I need to pass this on
> > > customer.

> > > Assuming it is possible, would I need to reinstall Exchange once I'd
> > > switched the server over to app mode (it's currently in remote admin
> > mode).

> > > Any help greatly appreciated

1. Exhange 2k & Terminal Services App Mode

I'm trying to find information on whether I can run Exchange 2000 on a
windows 2000 server running terminal services in application mode. I can't
find anything that says either way if it's OK to do, a link to any MS info
on the subject would be especially helpful as I need to pass this on to a
customer.

Assuming it is possible, would I need to reinstall Exchange once I'd
switched the server over to app mode (it's currently in remote admin mode).

Any help greatly appreciated

2. Cannot find domain controler for domain

3. terminal service terminal services

4. Restoring Offline backup to different computer

5. Exchange 2k and Terminal Services Remote Admin

6. Assoc-NT-Account problem, HELP!

7. Migration (5.5 to 2k) problem - exhange service account

8. Get mail site name & mail domain (Exchange Server). How?

9. Exchange Event Service Script App & CDO questions

10. Exhange 2k / Sm Bus Srv 2k

11. moving exhange 2k mailbox from first DC to Exchange 2k Member Server

12. Exhange 5.0 on Win 2k to Exchange 2K