custom form registration OWA

Post by Erik Danielse » Mon, 10 Mar 2003 05:51:34

I would like OWA to show my own ASP page when the Options
buttom is pressed.
I tryed registrate my ASP form with Exchange Explorer and
with code but nothing happens, my custom form is not
displayed!??
Where do I place my ASP file and how do I registrate it as a custom form?
In the ducumentation it says: "Register the form globally
against the cmd options and against the mailfolder,
folder, calendarfolder, journalfolder, and contactfolder
content classes." but as I see it you can only set ONE
content class??

Please help.
This is the code I tryed to registrate the form with:

Set oCon = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
oCon.ConnectionString =
"http://myserver/exchange/SystemMailbox{GUID}/##SCHEMAURI##/microsoft/exchan
geV1"
oCon.Provider = "ExOledb.Datasource"
oCon.Open
Set oRec = CreateObject("ADODB.Record")
oRec.Open "defaultASPForm.frg", oCon, 3, 0
oRec.Fields("DAV:contentclass") =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:forms#registration"
oRec.Fields("urn:schemas-Microsoft-com:office:forms#binding") = "server"
oRec.Fields("urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:forms#cmd") = "options"
oRec.Fields("urn:schemas-microsoft-
com:office:forms#contentclass") = "urn:content-classes:mailfolder" ' <--can
there be more arguments here?
oRec.Fields("urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:forms#contentstate") = "*"
oRec.Fields("urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:forms#executeurl") =
"/exchweb/bin/options.asp"
oRec.Fields("urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:forms#formurl") =
"http://myserver/exchweb/bin/options.asp"
oRec.Fields("urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:forms#request") = "*"
oRec.Fields.Update
oRec.Close

custom form registration OWA

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP » Tue, 11 Mar 2003 01:29:13

The Exchange Web form must be located in the same Exchange database you want
to use it. To replace the options page IIRC you need to place the form into
a public folder.

--
<Cheers:Siegfried runat="server" />

Development Lead,

CDOLive LLC - The Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration Application Experts
http://www.cdolive.com

Quote:> I would like OWA to show my own ASP page when the Options
> buttom is pressed.
> I tryed registrate my ASP form with Exchange Explorer and
> with code but nothing happens, my custom form is not
> displayed!??
> Where do I place my ASP file and how do I registrate it as a custom form?
> In the ducumentation it says: "Register the form globally
> against the cmd options and against the mailfolder,
> folder, calendarfolder, journalfolder, and contactfolder
> content classes." but as I see it you can only set ONE
> content class??

> Please help.
> This is the code I tryed to registrate the form with:

> Set oCon = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
> oCon.ConnectionString =
> "http://myserver/exchange/SystemMailbox{GUID}/##SCHEMAURI##/microsoft/exchan
> geV1"
> oCon.Provider = "ExOledb.Datasource"
> oCon.Open
> Set oRec = CreateObject("ADODB.Record")
> oRec.Open "defaultASPForm.frg", oCon, 3, 0
> oRec.Fields("DAV:contentclass") =
> "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:forms#registration"
> oRec.Fields("urn:schemas-Microsoft-com:office:forms#binding") = "server"
> oRec.Fields("urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:forms#cmd") = "options"
> oRec.Fields("urn:schemas-microsoft-
> com:office:forms#contentclass") = "urn:content-classes:mailfolder" '
> <--can
> there be more arguments here?
> oRec.Fields("urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:forms#contentstate") = "*"
> oRec.Fields("urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:forms#executeurl") =
> "/exchweb/bin/options.asp"
> oRec.Fields("urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:forms#formurl") =
> "http://myserver/exchweb/bin/options.asp"
> oRec.Fields("urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:forms#request") = "*"
> oRec.Fields.Update
> oRec.Close

1. Custom Form Registration in OWA

Hi,
I am a newbie working on customizing OWA.
I need to customize entire look n feel of OWA.
for that I am planning to design my own htmls and register them using
Form Registration.
I am facing some probs while registering the forms using Exchange
explorer.
I actually have to do Global Form registration, bt for the time being
I am registering a form for one of our exchange server private
mailboxes(Administrator).
its displaying the administrator's inbox(contents page) when i use the
url
http://Mail/exchange/administrator/inbox/?cmd=newinbox
I have
placed the CommInbox.html in inbox folder of administrator,
registered this form through the registration wizard of Exchange
explorer (Items of Inbox).
but its not working. I am not sure if there's a better way of doing
the same.

Anyone there who could help me???

Prabha Vulindala.

2. Need Public folder contacts to auto-add to public folder journal...

3. OWA on Win2k + Exchange 5.5 on SBS4.5?

4. problems creating a custom registration in OWA

5. Exchange client hangs when connecting to server.

6. Issue in OWA Form Registration

7. Restart Event Script service

8. OWA Contact form Vs. Outlook custom form