importing address list from a text file or .dbf

importing address list from a text file or .dbf

Post by Radu Gavril » Wed, 17 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Does anyone know of a command-line utility that would allow me to
populate an Exchange Public Folder with a list of addresses. This list
is currently in a FoxPro 2.6 database but can be easily converted into a
text file. I just cannot find the mechanism to get the addresses into
Exchange, except the "Import" function in Outlook. I want this to be a
process that can run periodically and unattended.

Thank you in advance.

importing address list from a text file or .dbf

Post by Ask M » Thu, 18 Nov 1999 04:00:00

HI

Look at Exchange Administrator IMport /Export

export a publich folder with custom Recipients in it

then u see the format

change ur foxpro db to a csv in that format

import

voila

Greetings
Martin Forster

importing address list from a text file or .dbf

Post by Radu Gavril » Sat, 20 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Merci beaucoup. That is a solution to my problem but I guess I was
looking more towards a command line utility that I could then schedule
to run automatically, clean up the folder and then import the updated
list into the public folder. Do you know of any such utility ?

thank you again for your answer.

Quote:-----Original Message-----