Default Mailbox store policy vs Individual Mailbox Store Policy

Post by Joseph Burc » Fri, 31 Jan 2003 15:37:30

I am running into a problem.  I am trying to set up a default mailbox store
policy for all users, but there are some users I want to exempt from this
policy.  Is there an easy way to do this?  I have tried to just uncheck use
default policy from the user Exchange General Delivery tab, but that does
not seem to work as I still get the out of space message.  Any help is
appreciated. Also does anyone know the default time frame it takes to change
a user account from default policy based to no limit?

Thanks,.

Joe B

Post by Cary Shult » Sat, 01 Feb 2003 12:40:30

Joseph,

You were on the right track...I am going to assume that
you are talking about the size of an attachment (say,
incoming and outgoing = 5MB ) vs. the size of a mailbox (
say 250MB for example )....

I would definitely do the following:

Open up ESM
Open up GLOBAL SETTINGS
Right Click Message Delivery and select PROPERTIES
On the defaults tab set SENDING MESSAGE SIZE to 5120kb
Do the same for RECEIVING MESSAGE SIZE

This is now the default limit, which applies to each and
every user in the environment.  However, please note that
you can change this for particular users. In essence, the
individual wins over the group in this case...

Now, go to the user profile for each person you want to
have a different size.  On the EXCHANGE GENERAL tab, click
on the Delivery Restrictions button.  You can select the
radio button for SENDING MESSAGE SIZE and then enter a
value, such as 10240kb and do the same for RECEIVING
MESSAGE SIZE...

These users will now have a larger limit...

HTH,

Cary

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I am running into a problem.  I am trying to set up a

default mailbox store
Quote:>policy for all users, but there are some users I want to
exempt from this
>policy.  Is there an easy way to do this?  I have tried
to just uncheck use
>default policy from the user Exchange General Delivery
tab, but that does
>not seem to work as I still get the out of space

message.  Any help is
Quote:>appreciated. Also does anyone know the default time frame