Outlook Web Access - How to install on second IIS Server

Outlook Web Access - How to install on second IIS Server

Post by Jim Johnsto » Sat, 11 Mar 2000 04:00:00

On my internal LAN, I have an Exchange 5.5 SP2 server running IIS4.0 with
Outlook Web Access.  It works fine.  I built a new IIS 4.0 Server which will
be publicly accesible.  I need to know how I can host Outlook Web Access on
the new IIS server.

Do I have to install Exchange Server on the new IIS Server, or can I just
set the IIS Server up to host OWA for the current Exchange installation on
the Exchange Server?

Does anyone have any documentation on how to set this up?  All the KB's I
have found deal with troubleshooting OWA, or installing it on second sites
on the same server.

Thanks,
Jim

Outlook Web Access - How to install on second IIS Server

Post by Rick Spiewa » Sun, 12 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Do the Exchange installation on your IIS server, but select only OWA. Point
it at your existing Exchange server.

Quote:> On my internal LAN, I have an Exchange 5.5 SP2 server running IIS4.0 with
> Outlook Web Access.  It works fine.  I built a new IIS 4.0 Server which
will
> be publicly accesible.  I need to know how I can host Outlook Web Access
on
> the new IIS server.

> Do I have to install Exchange Server on the new IIS Server, or can I just
> set the IIS Server up to host OWA for the current Exchange installation on
> the Exchange Server?

> Does anyone have any documentation on how to set this up?  All the KB's I
> have found deal with troubleshooting OWA, or installing it on second sites
> on the same server.

> Thanks,
> Jim

1. Outlook Web Access - How to install on second IIS Server

On my internal LAN, I have an Exchange 5.5 SP2 server running IIS4.0 with
Outlook Web Access.  It works fine.  I built a new IIS 4.0 Server which will
be publicly accesible.  I need to know how I can host Outlook Web Access on
the new IIS server.

Do I have to install Exchange Server on the new IIS Server, or can I just
set the IIS Server up to host OWA for the current Exchange installation on
the Exchange Server?

Does anyone have any documentation on how to set this up?  All the KB's I
have found deal with troubleshooting OWA, or installing it on second sites
on the same server.

Thanks,
Jim

2. Message transfer Agent

3. Move server wizard 5.5

4. How to install WEB access to MSX on the second server in the site

5. Virus Scanning ???

6. backup store

7. Problem installing Outlook WEB Access (EXCH 5.5) and IIS 4.0 BETA3

8. Installing OWA 2000 on second IIS WEB Page

9. Outlook Web Access in Exchange 5.5 after Upgrading from IIS 3.0 to IIS 4.0