E2K And NDR's and DR's

Post by Meron Lavi » Mon, 17 Sep 2001 02:46:06

I have E2K (with the latest security patches applied) installed on a
W2K/SP2.

If someone from another company sends email to me with "Delivery Receipt
Requested" (via his/her Outlook settings), my server does not send back a
successfull delivery receipt. On the othewr hand, if a non-existent address
is speficifed, the sender does get an NDR.

To the best of my recollection, a succesfull delivery report was sent before
I applied the W2K SP2 patch and the E2K security patches. Has anyone else
encountered this?

Also, I tried to find where you enable/disable sending NDR's, and couldn't
find it where the E2K help said it should be.

Any ides?

--
Meron Lavie

NOTE: THERE IS NO "2" IN MY REAL EMAIL ADDRESS (ANTI-SPAM)

1. E2K And NDR's and DR's

I have E2K (with the latest security patches applied) installed on a
W2K/SP2.

If someone from another company sends email to me with "Delivery Receipt
Requested" (via his/her Outlook settings), my server does not send back a
successfull delivery receipt. On the othewr hand, if a non-existent address
is speficifed, the sender does get an NDR.

To the best of my recollection, a succesfull delivery report was sent before
I applied the W2K SP2 patch and the E2K security patches. Has anyone else
encountered this?

Also, I tried to find where you enable/disable sending NDR's, and couldn't
find it where the E2K help said it should be.

Any ides?

--
Meron Lavie

NOTE: THERE IS NO "2" IN MY REAL EMAIL ADDRESS (ANTI-SPAM)

2. The attachment problem in OWA

3. Cannot send messages to MS Exchange from Outlook Express

4. No DR's (As Opposed to NDR's) Delivered

5. NDR 5.3.3

6. NDR'S NDR'S and More NDR'S

7. Blocking Junk Mail

8. 5.7.1 NDR's - even after E2k SP1 and Win2K SP2

9. NDR's and Post _full_ _unaltered_ NDR.

10. Multiple IMC's, delivery failures/NDR's

11. NDR's don't get delivered!

12. don't include original message on NDR's