event 7000 windows 2ksp3 exchange 2ksp2

Post by dave jone » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 05:18:45

I get event 7000 on the secmon service on boot, What is
the secmon service and what does it do?
The path to the secmon service executable is pointing to
c:\winnt\system32\wbm\mof\bad\user32\web\backup\svchost.exe
 but the exe is located at c:\winnt\system32
The server appears entirly functional without it running.
Server is Win2ksp3 W\exchange 2k running, any ideas as to
how to fix this or why it has happened would be
appriciated.

event 7000 windows 2ksp3 exchange 2ksp2

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 05:24:25

Its nothing to do with Exchange, but here is a link that might help:
http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=7000

--
Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Exchange MVP

Quote:> I get event 7000 on the secmon service on boot, What is
> the secmon service and what does it do?
> The path to the secmon service executable is pointing to
> c:\winnt\system32\wbm\mof\bad\user32\web\backup\svchost.exe
>  but the exe is located at c:\winnt\system32
> The server appears entirly functional without it running.
> Server is Win2ksp3 W\exchange 2k running, any ideas as to
> how to fix this or why it has happened would be
> appriciated.

1. exchange event 7000 error 0002

When I boot my server it doesn't load exchange server, but continues to
give me an error message 0002, event 7000, Microsoft Exchange System
Attendant Service failed to start, system cannot find the file
specified.

2. Mailbox security settings

3. event id 7000

4. Unable to move mailbox - Client operation failed

5. OWA

6. error 0002 & event 7000

7. Error 550 - Communications Failure

8. event id 7000

9. Exchange Services failing with EventID 7000

10. 5.5 Setup fails w/ Error ID 7000

11. SMTP Error 7000 in log

12. Exhange Error 7000