how to get associated account name of a exchange mail box

Post by lucky_bo » Fri, 16 Nov 2001 15:02:57

how to get associated account name of a exchange mail box

how to get associated account name of a exchange mail box

Post by Andy Web » Fri, 16 Nov 2001 15:24:22

In Exchange 2000 the mailbox name *is* the account name.  But perhaps you
didn't mean Exchange 2000 even though you posted this to an Exchange 2000
newsgroup.  Was it Exchange 5.5 you meant?

-- Way to go USPS Cycling Team and Lance Armstrong!! --

Quote:> how to get associated account name of a exchange mail box

how to get associated account name of a exchange mail box

Post by Jeff Johnso » Fri, 16 Nov 2001 22:47:25

Quote:> In Exchange 2000 the mailbox name *is* the account name.  But perhaps you
> didn't mean Exchange 2000 even though you posted this to an Exchange 2000
> newsgroup.  Was it Exchange 5.5 you meant?

If you'll look at the excessive number of groups to which this was
crossposted, you'll see that the poster did not seem to know WHAT he meant.

Post by Daniel Mitchell [MV » Sat, 17 Nov 2001 02:27:36

Quote:>how to get associated account name of a exchange mail box

 http://go.to/mailfaq, Q7.7

 -- dan

how to get associated account name of a exchange mail box

Post by Andy Web » Sat, 17 Nov 2001 07:57:29

Which is why I asked a leading question to perhaps help them figure it out.
Problem?

-- Way to go USPS Cycling Team and Lance Armstrong!! --

> > In Exchange 2000 the mailbox name *is* the account name.  But perhaps
you
> > didn't mean Exchange 2000 even though you posted this to an Exchange
2000
> > newsgroup.  Was it Exchange 5.5 you meant?

> If you'll look at the excessive number of groups to which this was
> crossposted, you'll see that the poster did not seem to know WHAT he
meant.

how to get associated account name of a exchange mail box

Post by lucky_bo » Sat, 17 Nov 2001 20:37:54

In Exchange 5.5 ,how to get associated account name of a exchange mail box

> In Exchange 2000 the mailbox name *is* the account name.  But perhaps you
> didn't mean Exchange 2000 even though you posted this to an Exchange 2000
> newsgroup.  Was it Exchange 5.5 you meant?

> --
> --

> -- Way to go USPS Cycling Team and Lance Armstrong!! --

> > how to get associated account name of a exchange mail box

how to get associated account name of a exchange mail box

Post by Andy Web » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 14:06:25

Didn't you ask this same question yesterday?

-- Way to go USPS Cycling Team and Lance Armstrong!! --

> In Exchange 5.5 ,how to get associated account name of a exchange mail box

> > In Exchange 2000 the mailbox name *is* the account name.  But perhaps
you
> > didn't mean Exchange 2000 even though you posted this to an Exchange
2000
> > newsgroup.  Was it Exchange 5.5 you meant?

> > --
> > --

> > -- Way to go USPS Cycling Team and Lance Armstrong!! --

> > > how to get associated account name of a exchange mail box

how to get associated account name of a exchange mail box

Post by Andy Web » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 14:08:41

Oops.  No, you didn't ask the same question.

In Exchange 5.5 the NT or AD account associated with a mailbox is stored in
the assoc-nt-account directory attribute.  The value stored in the attribute
is the account SID.  This number is not terribly easy to visually convert to
a user name, but the ADsSecurity.DLL extension to ADSI can do the conversion
for you.  There are samples of this on MSDN.