Message Sent To Distribution List Does Not Reaching All Members

Message Sent To Distribution List Does Not Reaching All Members

Post by Robert Harri » Thu, 22 Aug 2002 23:48:21

A member of my distribution list, PRODUCTION, is not receiving messages sent
by certain users.

Before the message is sent, the properties of the distribution list shows
PRODUCTION to be a member.  After the message is sent, the message tracking
center shows that the message was never sent to PRODUCTION.  The PRODUCTION
account does not have any delivery restrictions.  I've tried removing and
re-adding the PRODUCTION to the distribution list, but it did not help.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what could be causing this problem?

Thanks,

Robert Harris

Message Sent To Distribution List Does Not Reaching All Members

Post by Ronen Gabba » Fri, 23 Aug 2002 03:11:14

Exchange support only universal groups in multi domain Active Directory ,
You will have to create Universal Distribution / Security Groups and mail
enable those groups.
The members should be users not groups.
A global or local mail enabled group in a multi domain environment can
result mails will not reach the members of the group.

Nesting global groups in a universal groups still will not help because the
GC that expand those groups will not find the members of those groups.

--
Please do not send email directly to this alias.

Ronen Gabbay   MCT   MCSE+I   MCDBA
Hi-Tech College
ISRAEL

Quote:> A member of my distribution list, PRODUCTION, is not receiving messages
sent
> by certain users.

> Before the message is sent, the properties of the distribution list shows
> PRODUCTION to be a member.  After the message is sent, the message
tracking
> center shows that the message was never sent to PRODUCTION.  The
PRODUCTION
> account does not have any delivery restrictions.  I've tried removing and
> re-adding the PRODUCTION to the distribution list, but it did not help.

> Does anybody have any ideas as to what could be causing this problem?

> Thanks,

> Robert Harris

Message Sent To Distribution List Does Not Reaching All Members

Post by Robert Harri » Sat, 24 Aug 2002 00:23:11

Ronen,

Thanks for the help, but...

I don't have multiple domains, and the troubled distribution list is already
a mail enabled universal distribution group containing only users.

Any other ideas?

Robert Harris

> Exchange support only universal groups in multi domain Active Directory ,
> You will have to create Universal Distribution / Security Groups and mail
> enable those groups.
> The members should be users not groups.
> A global or local mail enabled group in a multi domain environment can
> result mails will not reach the members of the group.

> Nesting global groups in a universal groups still will not help because
the
> GC that expand those groups will not find the members of those groups.

> --
> Please do not send email directly to this alias.

> Ronen Gabbay   MCT   MCSE+I   MCDBA
> Hi-Tech College
> ISRAEL

> > A member of my distribution list, PRODUCTION, is not receiving messages
> sent
> > by certain users.

> > Before the message is sent, the properties of the distribution list
shows
> > PRODUCTION to be a member.  After the message is sent, the message
> tracking
> > center shows that the message was never sent to PRODUCTION.  The
> PRODUCTION
> > account does not have any delivery restrictions.  I've tried removing
and
> > re-adding the PRODUCTION to the distribution list, but it did not help.

> > Does anybody have any ideas as to what could be causing this problem?

> > Thanks,

> > Robert Harris

Message Sent To Distribution List Does Not Reaching All Members

Post by Ronen Gabba » Sat, 24 Aug 2002 09:06:45

Something is definitely wrong with your server or Active Directory.
Any DSaccess errors you can find in the event application log
Or any other error

--
Please do not send email directly to this alias.

Ronen Gabbay   MCT   MCSE+I   MCDBA
Hi-Tech College
ISRAEL

> Ronen,

> Thanks for the help, but...

> I don't have multiple domains, and the troubled distribution list is
already
> a mail enabled universal distribution group containing only users.

> Any other ideas?

> Robert Harris

> > Exchange support only universal groups in multi domain Active Directory
,
> > You will have to create Universal Distribution / Security Groups and
mail
> > enable those groups.
> > The members should be users not groups.
> > A global or local mail enabled group in a multi domain environment can
> > result mails will not reach the members of the group.

> > Nesting global groups in a universal groups still will not help because
> the
> > GC that expand those groups will not find the members of those groups.

> > --
> > Please do not send email directly to this alias.

rights

> > Ronen Gabbay   MCT   MCSE+I   MCDBA
> > Hi-Tech College
> > ISRAEL

> > > A member of my distribution list, PRODUCTION, is not receiving
messages
> > sent
> > > by certain users.

> > > Before the message is sent, the properties of the distribution list
> shows
> > > PRODUCTION to be a member.  After the message is sent, the message
> > tracking
> > > center shows that the message was never sent to PRODUCTION.  The
> > PRODUCTION
> > > account does not have any delivery restrictions.  I've tried removing
> and
> > > re-adding the PRODUCTION to the distribution list, but it did not
help.

> > > Does anybody have any ideas as to what could be causing this problem?

> > > Thanks,

> > > Robert Harris

Message Sent To Distribution List Does Not Reaching All Members

Post by Daniel Longley [MS » Sat, 24 Aug 2002 20:28:52

Do you have more than one GC? Your DL membership change may not have
replicated to all of your GCs yet. You'll also need to wait at least 5
minutes after the replication has completed in order to guarantee that the
DL membership is not still cached by Exchange from the last time you sent
mail to it.

What happens if you send mail directly to the PRODUCTION recipient? (Request
a delivery receipt, of course.)

Is it possible that someone is deleting new mail from the PRODUCTION mailbox
before you have a chance to check it? Any inbox rules, etc... (It is
possible to create rules that act differently on messages sent directly to a
mailbox vs. messages sent to a DL containing the recipient.)

How many Exchange servers are involved here? Is the mail being submitted to
the same server that the PRODUCTION mailbox is on?

Does the DL have an expansion server configured? If so, can you send mail
from a mailbox on the expansion server directly to the PRODUCTION recipient?

For troubleshooting purposes, it is best to have the DL configured to send
delivery reports to the message originator. (See the "Exchange Advanced" tab
in the DL's properties dialog in AD Users and Computers.) Try sending mail
to the DL and requesting a delivery receipt for it. Are there any other
members of the DL that you don't get a delivery DSN for? Take note of the
server(s) that generated the delivery DSN(s).

Do you get the same behavior if you create a brand new test DL that only
contains PRODUCTION as a single member?

--
Daniel Longley
Exchange Transport Developer

****** Disclaimer ******

Note: Please do NOT reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup
purposes only.

> Ronen,

> Thanks for the help, but...

> I don't have multiple domains, and the troubled distribution list is
already
> a mail enabled universal distribution group containing only users.

> Any other ideas?

> Robert Harris

> > Exchange support only universal groups in multi domain Active Directory
,
> > You will have to create Universal Distribution / Security Groups and
mail
> > enable those groups.
> > The members should be users not groups.
> > A global or local mail enabled group in a multi domain environment can
> > result mails will not reach the members of the group.

> > Nesting global groups in a universal groups still will not help because
> the
> > GC that expand those groups will not find the members of those groups.

> > --
> > Please do not send email directly to this alias.

rights

> > Ronen Gabbay   MCT   MCSE+I   MCDBA
> > Hi-Tech College
> > ISRAEL

> > > A member of my distribution list, PRODUCTION, is not receiving
messages
> > sent
> > > by certain users.

> > > Before the message is sent, the properties of the distribution list
> shows
> > > PRODUCTION to be a member.  After the message is sent, the message
> > tracking
> > > center shows that the message was never sent to PRODUCTION.  The
> > PRODUCTION
> > > account does not have any delivery restrictions.  I've tried removing
> and
> > > re-adding the PRODUCTION to the distribution list, but it did not
help.

> > > Does anybody have any ideas as to what could be causing this problem?

> > > Thanks,

> > > Robert Harris

1. Message Sent To Distribution List Does Not Reaching All Members

A member of my distribution list, PRODUCTION, is not receiving messages sent
by certain users.  Messages sent by the administrator reaches everybody on
the distribution list, but PRODUCTION doesn't receive messages sent by
certain regular users.  I'm not sure if any other regular users are having
success.

Before the message is sent, the properties of the distribution list shows
PRODUCTION to be a member.  After the message is sent, the message tracking
center shows that the message was never sent to PRODUCTION.  The PRODUCTION
account does not have any delivery restrictions.  I've tried removing and
re-adding the user to the distribution list, but it did not help.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what could be causing this problem?

Thanks,

Robert Harris

2. Exchange resends old messages

3. Seperate internal and external domains

4. Differences between whta I see with OWA and Exchange Client

5. member of distribution list not receiving emails sent to list

6. Administrator Mailbox

7. Messages not delivered to all members of distribution list

8. Distribution Lists not delivering to members of list, individuals OK

9. external mail not suppose reach the exchange internal distribution list

10. Distribution list members and site conatiner members invisible

11. show members of distribution list when sending email