Maybe stupid question but I'm an Exchange Server Layman

Maybe stupid question but I'm an Exchange Server Layman

Post by David Van Heuverswy » Tue, 30 Apr 2002 22:44:41

Hello,

I was wondering if it's possible to install MS Exchange Server 2000 on a PC
running Win XP Pro ?
Or is Win 2000 obligatory ?

Thanks in advance

Maybe stupid question but I'm an Exchange Server Layman

Post by Mark Fugat » Wed, 01 May 2002 00:36:22

No, it need to be installed on Windows 2000 Server, Advanced Server or
DataCenter and it also needs to have access to the Active Directory.

--
Mark Fugatt
Pentech Office Solutions Inc

Quote:> Hello,

> I was wondering if it's possible to install MS Exchange Server 2000 on a
PC
> running Win XP Pro ?
> Or is Win 2000 obligatory ?

> Thanks in advance

1. Maybe I'm just stupid but......

I've just set up an exchange server because we're moving our users away from
our 3rd party POP3 mail provider.

I have many users (including myself) that need to pick up mail from the
Exchange server from their laptops while out of the office.

Obviously, I could do this through RAS, no problem.  I would rather do this
through the Internet.  When I set up POP3 for that connection in the same
profile, I got doubles of everything that was in my Inbox.

How can I have one profile that the users can use to get their mail whether
they are in the office or dialing up to the internet?

Yes, I could use a VPN connection but internet connections from hotels are
slow enough I don't want to burden them.

I have been seraching and searching for an answer to this but I just cannot
seem to find a solution.

Please help I would be grateful.

Respond to the group only, my email address is to protect me from spam.
Thank you very much for answering my question.

Jake

2. Mailbox size-limit warnings in Exchange 5.5 SP4

3. maybe a stupid question

4. Exchange license question

5. Outlook my default mail handler

6. How do I import the old PRIV.EDB & PUB.EDB ?

7. client (maybe server) functionality questions

8. Solution (maybe) : Can't update windows - Can't display OWA

9. stupid question..exchange

10. ARCServe agent for Exchange stupid question

11. Stupid users sent stupid mails to everybody or many other users