store.exe uses 100% CPU

Post by Sascha Gop » Thu, 24 Apr 2003 20:36:24

Hi there,
Our Exchange 2000 SP3 server runing for 2 years now on W2k AdvancedServer
with all available SPs ran in trouble yesterday:
store.exe began using 100% CPU time. This occured during normal operation.
After restarting store.exe it begins as a normal operation but after 2 - 15
min it runs in the same situation - rebooting the whole machine, too.
One thing comes to it all now: The W2k-RAID5 with the whole ADS &
Exchang-Stuff on it has the status "rebuilding" but there is no entry in my
event-log about this or any other possible reasons! (And of course it will
take 3 days to rebuild this highly used device with another process takeking
all the cpu-time!)
The Server is working as usual but extremely slow. Sometimes (as I feel in
some moments Im trying to stop some services) I get messages from

etc.) is set to "unknown".

System:
PIII-733MHz, 1GB RAM, 1 IDE System Disk, 3 IDE HDDs as an RAID5 with the
whole ADS & Exchang-Stuff, 1 SCSI Disk with swapfile.
Main Software:
XS SP3, W2k as above, Symantec Antivirus&Filtering for Exchange 3.02, GFI
FaxMaker

Attempts:
stopping all other apps and services brings us nothing ahaed, neither
stopping / disableing Symantec nor FAXMaker bettered the situation. Also
updated manually new VirusDefs, watched ebentlog, looked into the queues
a.s.o. - nothing gave me any hint about that all!

Does anybody has some ideas left?

THNX - Sascha

store.exe uses 100% CPU

Post by Alex R » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 02:45:57

Have you downloaded Exhange post-SP3 (pre-SP4) service pack? That service
pack has a new store.exe
I run into the same problem after installing it.

My solution that work in our case is posted on EventID.net for event 9582

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=9582&source=

 and also here

http://forums.serverwatch.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=33883#post33883

Good Luck
Alex

> Hi there,
> Our Exchange 2000 SP3 server runing for 2 years now on W2k AdvancedServer
> with all available SPs ran in trouble yesterday:
> store.exe began using 100% CPU time. This occured during normal operation.
> After restarting store.exe it begins as a normal operation but after 2 -
15
> min it runs in the same situation - rebooting the whole machine, too.
> One thing comes to it all now: The W2k-RAID5 with the whole ADS &
> Exchang-Stuff on it has the status "rebuilding" but there is no entry in
my
> event-log about this or any other possible reasons! (And of course it will
> take 3 days to rebuild this highly used device with another process
takeking
> all the cpu-time!)
> The Server is working as usual but extremely slow. Sometimes (as I feel in
> some moments Im trying to stop some services) I get messages from

(queues
> etc.) is set to "unknown".

> System:
> PIII-733MHz, 1GB RAM, 1 IDE System Disk, 3 IDE HDDs as an RAID5 with the
> whole ADS & Exchang-Stuff, 1 SCSI Disk with swapfile.
> Main Software:
> XS SP3, W2k as above, Symantec Antivirus&Filtering for Exchange 3.02, GFI
> FaxMaker

> Attempts:
> stopping all other apps and services brings us nothing ahaed, neither
> stopping / disableing Symantec nor FAXMaker bettered the situation. Also
> updated manually new VirusDefs, watched ebentlog, looked into the queues
> a.s.o. - nothing gave me any hint about that all!

> Does anybody has some ideas left?

> THNX - Sascha

store.exe uses 100% CPU

Post by Sascha Gop » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 03:32:36

There is a new hint:
If I unplug the network-cable the store.exe shrinks to 2-5% cpu usage.
Replugging it takes 1 - 4 min to have 100% again!
Could this mean the error is due to a client?

Im not sure to install post-SP3 packages, because the system was rock solid
until yesterday but I did change nothing...

Would do you think, are this packages worth a trial?

THNX - Sascha

> Have you downloaded Exhange post-SP3 (pre-SP4) service pack? That service
> pack has a new store.exe
> I run into the same problem after installing it.

> My solution that work in our case is posted on EventID.net for event 9582

> http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=9582&source=

>  and also here

> http://forums.serverwatch.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=33883#post33883

> Good Luck
> Alex

> > Hi there,
> > Our Exchange 2000 SP3 server runing for 2 years now on W2k
AdvancedServer
> > with all available SPs ran in trouble yesterday:
> > store.exe began using 100% CPU time. This occured during normal
operation.
> > After restarting store.exe it begins as a normal operation but after 2 -
> 15
> > min it runs in the same situation - rebooting the whole machine, too.
> > One thing comes to it all now: The W2k-RAID5 with the whole ADS &
> > Exchang-Stuff on it has the status "rebuilding" but there is no entry in
> my
> > event-log about this or any other possible reasons! (And of course it
will
> > take 3 days to rebuild this highly used device with another process
> takeking
> > all the cpu-time!)
> > The Server is working as usual but extremely slow. Sometimes (as I feel
in
> > some moments Im trying to stop some services) I get messages from

> (queues
> > etc.) is set to "unknown".

> > System:
> > PIII-733MHz, 1GB RAM, 1 IDE System Disk, 3 IDE HDDs as an RAID5 with the
> > whole ADS & Exchang-Stuff, 1 SCSI Disk with swapfile.
> > Main Software:
> > XS SP3, W2k as above, Symantec Antivirus&Filtering for Exchange 3.02,
GFI
> > FaxMaker

> > Attempts:
> > stopping all other apps and services brings us nothing ahaed, neither
> > stopping / disableing Symantec nor FAXMaker bettered the situation. Also
> > updated manually new VirusDefs, watched ebentlog, looked into the queues
> > a.s.o. - nothing gave me any hint about that all!

> > Does anybody has some ideas left?

> > THNX - Sascha

store.exe uses 100% CPU

Post by Sascha Gop » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 16:54:30

IT WAS A CLIENT-Outlook 2000!
Using OWA or Outlook 2001:Mac with the same mailbox is without difficulties!
(I hope, this is the final solution for this prob!)

Sascha.

store.exe uses 100% CPU

Post by Sascha Gop » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 22:31:45

Sh**! It was not the "final solution"!
Some hours later store.exe took again 100% CPU. I switched on diagnostic
logging and I can see, that there are some users causing this behavior, but
there is no rule: Some use Outlook XP, some 2k SP1 /2 or /3. WhenI see this
and I do call them the usages goes significant down to 10 - 40% but
sometimes nothing happens! Theonly thing is to restart the informationstore.
Still the strange: If I unplug the ethernet-cable on the Exchange server
itself, then always the usage goes down!

Isnt there any hint left??

Sascha

Quote:> IT WAS A CLIENT-Outlook 2000!
> Using OWA or Outlook 2001:Mac with the same mailbox is without
difficulties!
> (I hope, this is the final solution for this prob!)

> Sascha.

store.exe uses 100% CPU

Post by Gregor » Sat, 26 Apr 2003 18:33:32

Hi,

Did you check if the log file isn't full?
Sometimes this can generate this kind of problems

us;Q327332&gssnb=1

Greg

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Sh**! It was not the "final solution"!
>Some hours later store.exe took again 100% CPU. I

switched on diagnostic
Quote:>logging and I can see, that there are some users causing
this behavior, but
>there is no rule: Some use Outlook XP, some 2k SP1 /2

or /3. WhenI see this
Quote:>and I do call them the usages goes significant down to
10 - 40% but
>sometimes nothing happens! Theonly thing is to restart

the informationstore.
>Still the strange: If I unplug the ethernet-cable on the
Exchange server
>itself, then always the usage goes down!

>Isnt there any hint left??

>Sascha

Newsbeitrag

>> IT WAS A CLIENT-Outlook 2000!
>> Using OWA or Outlook 2001:Mac with the same mailbox is
without
>difficulties!
>> (I hope, this is the final solution for this prob!)

>> Sascha.

>.

1. store.exe uses 100% CPU

Hi there,
Our Exchange 2000 SP3 server runing for 2 years now on W2k
AdvancedServer with all available SPs ran in trouble yesterday:
store.exe began using 100% CPU time. This occured during normal
operation. After restarting store.exe it begins as a normal operation
but after 2 - 15 min it runs in the same situation - rebooting the
whole machine, too.
One thing comes to it all now: The W2k-RAID5 with the whole ADS &
Exchang-Stuff on it has the status "rebuilding" but there is no entry
in my event-log about this or any other possible reasons! (And of
course it will take 3 days to rebuild this highly used device with
another process takeking all the cpu-time!)
The Server is working as usual but extremely slow. Sometimes (as I
feel in some moments Im trying to stop some services) I get messages

everyhing (queues etc.) is set to "unknown".

System:
PIII-733MHz, 1GB RAM, 1 IDE System Disk, 3 IDE HDDs as an RAID5 with
the whole ADS & Exchang-Stuff, 1 SCSI Disk with swapfile.
Main Software:
XS SP3, W2k as above, Symantec Antivirus&Filtering for Exchange 3.02,
GFI FaxMaker

Attempts:
stopping all other apps and services brings us nothing ahaed, neither
stopping / disableing Symantec nor FAXMaker bettered the situation.
Also updated manually new VirusDefs, watched ebentlog, looked into the
queues a.s.o. - nothing gave me any hint about that all!

Does anybody has some ideas left?

THNX - Sascha

2. Automatic creation of e-mail addresses

3. Store.exe uses 100% CPU

4. multiple email recipients stops internet access

5. Store.exe using 100% CPU

6. undeliverable mail

7. store.exe using 100% cpu time HELP

8. Creating on distribution list from another

9. store.exe uses 100% cpu after maintenance jobs

10. STORE.EXE uses 100% CPU time.

11. store.exe using 100% CPU!

12. STORE.EXE using 100% CPU Time

13. store.exe using 100% CPU time - help!!!!