Auto incrementing a counter in an auto reply from a public folder

Auto incrementing a counter in an auto reply from a public folder

Post by Ian Robinso » Sun, 15 Apr 2001 05:52:13

Hi,

I'm going to set up a public folder that users will send requests to via
email. I wan't to have an auto reply to each email along the lines of -

"Your request has been received. A member of the team will contact you soon
to discuss. The ID number of your request is TDG 0001/2001"

What I want to do is automatically update the TDG xxxx/2001 bit by 1 for each
request.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a similar solution or documentation
about doing this in Exchange 5.5.

Cheers,

Ian

--
Ian Robinson, Belfast, UK
<http://www.canicula.com>

Auto incrementing a counter in an auto reply from a public folder

Post by Nickolay Kurto » Tue, 17 Apr 2001 18:57:15

You may use Event Agent Of Exchange 5.5.

When the message is received to specific folder, you should execute a script
that generates a letter and increments an ID. You can store ID in text file.

Nickolay Kurtov
Custom Software Solutions And Workflow for Exchange Server

Quote:> I'm going to set up a public folder that users will send requests to via
> email. I wan't to have an auto reply to each email along the lines of -

> "Your request has been received. A member of the team will contact you
soon
> to discuss. The ID number of your request is TDG 0001/2001"

> What I want to do is automatically update the TDG xxxx/2001 bit by 1 for
each
> request.

> Can anyone point me in the direction of a similar solution or
documentation
> about doing this in Exchange 5.5.

> Cheers,

Auto incrementing a counter in an auto reply from a public folder

Post by Ian Robinso » Wed, 18 Apr 2001 00:37:32

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001 10:57:15 +0100, Nickolay Kurtov wrote

Quote:> You may use Event Agent Of Exchange 5.5.

> When the message is received to specific folder, you should execute a script
> that generates a letter and increments an ID. You can store ID in text file.

Hi Nickolay,

Many thanks for the pointer. I'll do some reading on the Event Agent stuff.

Cheers,

Ian
--
Ian Robinson, Belfast, UK
<http://www.canicula.com>

1. HELP: Auto-reply on Exchange public folder reply only to internal e-mail addresses

When we set up a role in a public folder, with "reply with"  the reply
will only be sent to the people ho has an internal e-mail address.

All external addresses will seem to work, but the e-mail does not go
out the external smtp.

If you take a cc in the mail to an internal e-mail address, you can
see that it's also trying to send the e-mail to the external address,
but it never goes out of the server.

2. Outlook Web Access won't work -- Help!

3. autoreply message format ( auto-reply , auto reply)

4. OWA: Main security issues

5. Auto Reply - Not Auto Reply with Out of Office

6. OWA always logs on as same user

7. Auto reply to a public folder

8. CDO and attachment processing

9. Public folder auto reply script

10. Public folder auto-replies

11. Auto Reply to Message Sent to Public Folder

12. Auto Reply from Public Folder not working