How do you setup multiple mailboxes for Primary Account in Exchange 2000

How do you setup multiple mailboxes for Primary Account in Exchange 2000

Post by Patrick Dunca » Sat, 02 Mar 2002 19:00:31

This is fairly simple, within Active Directory Users and Computers open the
properties of the user is question. Go to the "e-mail address" tab and add

Unlike Exchange 5.5 each user will have only one mailbox but that mailbox
can have multiple aliases.

Hope this helps you out.

Patrick Duncan

> How do you setup multiple mailboxes for Primary Account in Exchange 2000

> This one should be easy, but I can't seem to find the way to do it in
> Exchange 2000.

> In Exchange 5.5 you could assign many mailboxes to one account by
> completing: "Create a mailbox" then assign it to a "Primary Windows
Account"
> and give it a email address.

> End result is:
> You have "User" that can get to mailboxes:

> In outlook I configure the Exchange Server service with several mailboxes
so
> that I can receive and send email as several different users.

> How do you do that in Exchange 2000?

> Thanks in advance,

> Scott

How do you setup multiple mailboxes for Primary Account in Exchange 2000

Post by Scott L. Dukar » Sat, 02 Mar 2002 20:51:19

Sorry I must have not been clear enough, let me try again.

When I am using Outlook to Send and Receive Email I want User to have access
to:

Each will be listed in Outlook as a separate Mailbox listed as a separate
Personal Folder e.g.

[Mailbox - User]
Inbox
Calendar
Sent Items

[Mailbox - Sales]
Inbox
Calendar
Sent Items

[Mailbox - Contact]
Inbox
Calendar
Sent Items

User can send email as any of the users and all incoming Email will be
received in each of the Mailboxes.  When an Email is sent to User it goes to
the User Mailbox, when Email is sent to Sales it goes to the Sales Mailbox,
when Email is sent to Contact it goes to the Contact Mailbox.

This is nice because it keeps the email separate for each Mailbox (these are
not users).

> This is fairly simple, within Active Directory Users and Computers open
the
> properties of the user is question. Go to the "e-mail address" tab and add

> Unlike Exchange 5.5 each user will have only one mailbox but that mailbox
> can have multiple aliases.

> Hope this helps you out.

> Patrick Duncan

> > How do you setup multiple mailboxes for Primary Account in Exchange 2000

> > This one should be easy, but I can't seem to find the way to do it in
> > Exchange 2000.

> > In Exchange 5.5 you could assign many mailboxes to one account by
> > completing: "Create a mailbox" then assign it to a "Primary Windows
> Account"
> > and give it a email address.

> > End result is:
> > You have "User" that can get to mailboxes:

> > In outlook I configure the Exchange Server service with several
mailboxes
> so
> > that I can receive and send email as several different users.

> > How do you do that in Exchange 2000?

> > Thanks in advance,

> > Scott

How do you setup multiple mailboxes for Primary Account in Exchange 2000

Post by Daniel Grou » Sat, 02 Mar 2002 23:09:38

In the active directory users and groups MMC, enable advanced view then
right click on a user, go to properties, then there is now an exchange
advanced tab. there is a place on that where you can assign extra 2000 users
to access the mailbox.

> Sorry I must have not been clear enough, let me try again.

> When I am using Outlook to Send and Receive Email I want User to have
access
> to:

> Each will be listed in Outlook as a separate Mailbox listed as a separate
> Personal Folder e.g.

> [Mailbox - User]
> Inbox
> Calendar
> Sent Items

> [Mailbox - Sales]
> Inbox
> Calendar
> Sent Items

> [Mailbox - Contact]
> Inbox
> Calendar
> Sent Items

> User can send email as any of the users and all incoming Email will be
> received in each of the Mailboxes.  When an Email is sent to User it goes
> the User Mailbox, when Email is sent to Sales it goes to the Sales
Mailbox,
> when Email is sent to Contact it goes to the Contact Mailbox.

> This is nice because it keeps the email separate for each Mailbox (these
are
> not users).

> > This is fairly simple, within Active Directory Users and Computers open
> the
> > properties of the user is question. Go to the "e-mail address" tab and
add

> > Unlike Exchange 5.5 each user will have only one mailbox but that
mailbox
> > can have multiple aliases.

> > Hope this helps you out.

> > Patrick Duncan

> > > How do you setup multiple mailboxes for Primary Account in Exchange
2000

> > > This one should be easy, but I can't seem to find the way to do it in
> > > Exchange 2000.

> > > In Exchange 5.5 you could assign many mailboxes to one account by
> > > completing: "Create a mailbox" then assign it to a "Primary Windows
> > Account"
> > > and give it a email address.

> > > End result is:
> > > You have "User" that can get to mailboxes:

> > > In outlook I configure the Exchange Server service with several
> mailboxes
> > so
> > > that I can receive and send email as several different users.

> > > How do you do that in Exchange 2000?

> > > Thanks in advance,

> > > Scott

How do you setup multiple mailboxes for Primary Account in Exchange 2000

Post by Victor Ivanidz » Wed, 03 Apr 2002 19:00:46

Also please try UniSent and RightFrom utilities at
http://victori.hypermart.net.
These applications might help you to automate some operations in the
multi-mailbox environment.

Regards,
Victor Ivanidze,
software developer

> In the active directory users and groups MMC, enable advanced view then
> right click on a user, go to properties, then there is now an exchange
> advanced tab. there is a place on that where you can assign extra 2000
users
> to access the mailbox.

> > Sorry I must have not been clear enough, let me try again.

> > When I am using Outlook to Send and Receive Email I want User to have
> access
> > to:

> > Each will be listed in Outlook as a separate Mailbox listed as a
separate
> > Personal Folder e.g.

> > [Mailbox - User]
> > Inbox
> > Calendar
> > Sent Items

> > [Mailbox - Sales]
> > Inbox
> > Calendar
> > Sent Items

> > [Mailbox - Contact]
> > Inbox
> > Calendar
> > Sent Items

> > User can send email as any of the users and all incoming Email will be
> > received in each of the Mailboxes.  When an Email is sent to User it
goes
> > the User Mailbox, when Email is sent to Sales it goes to the Sales
> Mailbox,
> > when Email is sent to Contact it goes to the Contact Mailbox.

> > This is nice because it keeps the email separate for each Mailbox (these
> are
> > not users).

> > > This is fairly simple, within Active Directory Users and Computers
open
> > the
> > > properties of the user is question. Go to the "e-mail address" tab and
> add

> > > Unlike Exchange 5.5 each user will have only one mailbox but that
> mailbox
> > > can have multiple aliases.

> > > Hope this helps you out.

> > > Patrick Duncan

> 2000

> > > Account"

> > mailboxes
> > > so

1. How do you setup multiple mailboxes for Primary Account in Exchange 2000

How do you setup multiple mailboxes for Primary Account in Exchange 2000

This one should be easy, but I can't seem to find the way to do it in
Exchange 2000.

In Exchange 5.5 you could assign many mailboxes to one account by
completing: "Create a mailbox" then assign it to a "Primary Windows Account"
and give it a email address.

End result is:
You have "User" that can get to mailboxes:

In outlook I configure the Exchange Server service with several mailboxes so
that I can receive and send email as several different users.

How do you do that in Exchange 2000?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

2. Exchange Instant Messenger

3. Printing in Schedule+

4. Enable Macros and Auto Accept.

5. Is ExchangeConfigFlags still avaialble for Exchange2000/Outlook 2002?

6. One Primary NT account / multiple mailboxes?

7. Exchange 5.5/Exchange 2000 Primary NT Account change