cannot send SMTP mail to mail-enabled Public Folders

cannot send SMTP mail to mail-enabled Public Folders

Post by Mark Diene » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 23:04:54

I have a new Exchange org, created 2 mail-enabled public
folders, both have valid SMTP addresses.  I am getting
bounce-backs when trying to send external mail to these
folders, saying that the message got to my server but
delivery was refused.  The folders do receive mail that
originates internally (non-SMTP) and SMTP mail flows fine
to individual mailboxes outside the public store, so I
don't belive it to be an SMTP connectivity issue.
Anything I'm missing here?

cannot send SMTP mail to mail-enabled Public Folders

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Thu, 16 Jan 2003 01:08:24

Make sure that Anonymous has Contributor rights in each of the PFs.

> I have a new Exchange org, created 2 mail-enabled public
> folders, both have valid SMTP addresses.  I am getting
> bounce-backs when trying to send external mail to these
> folders, saying that the message got to my server but
> delivery was refused.  The folders do receive mail that
> originates internally (non-SMTP) and SMTP mail flows fine
> to individual mailboxes outside the public store, so I
> don't belive it to be an SMTP connectivity issue.
> Anything I'm missing here?

cannot send SMTP mail to mail-enabled Public Folders

Post by Mark Diene » Thu, 16 Jan 2003 05:50:44

Right you are.  Thanks for the help.

> [...]

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Thu, 16 Jan 2003 11:49:08

You're welcome...

> Right you are.  Thanks for the help.

1. Mail Enabled Public Folder - Inbound SMTP Mail from other domains shows as Post

Mail received in Public folders received from outside the domain shows up as
a Post.  Although I have seen discussion of this issue and suggestions for
work around.  Suggestions of work around inlcude:

1. Use a utlity to change message class of the item periodically after
    they have been received.

2. Use exchange eventsync (we are running exchange in native mode).

2nd solutions seems more acceptable.  Does anyone know if code
and method of creating event sync exists to accomplich this.  Are there
other work arounds available.

Alex

2. new events are not appearing

3. Cannot enable mail on Public Folders

4. How to configure Checkpoint Firewall-1 V4.0 to allow Outlook

5. smtp address of mail enabled Public Folder

6. Printing adress list on paper

7. Send-On-Behalf-Of for a Mail Enabled Public Folder

8. Corrupt OL98 Mailbox or PRIV.EDB ?

9. Sending Email to Mail-enabled public folder does not work

10. Mail Enabled Public folder unable to send autoreply to internet senders

11. E-mail addresses for mail enabled Public Folders are not automatically created

12. Mail enabled public folders are not receiveing mail

13. Mail enabled public folder remains in global address book after mail disable