Missing Contacts from Outlook 2000

Post by Mike » Tue, 08 Apr 2003 18:40:18

Hello,

Can someone help me. A user came in this morning, loged on
to the network and started Microsoft Outlook 2000 to
discover all of their contacts where missing - gone!
Nothing! With seemingly no explanation as to why.

I have looked at the deleted items, checked all sub-
folders, everywhere I can think of looking, and nothing.

Could someone please help with a possible explanation as
to the cause of this phenomenon and possible solution (if
any).

Thanks.

Missing Contacts from Outlook 2000

Post by Richard Chen[MS » Wed, 09 Apr 2003 05:24:12

Hi Mikey,

I have just replied to this question in the exchange2000.admin queue.
Please check the suggestion there and we will continue working on this
issue there if you would like to.

Thanks & Regards,

Richard Chen,
Microsoft Online Support Professional

from your issue.

Missing Contacts from Outlook 2000

Post by greg » Thu, 10 Apr 2003 04:23:22

Check the deleted items but expand the deleted items.
Folders won't show up as a deleted item directly in the
list, it will be a subfolder of the deleted items folder.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hello,

>Can someone help me. A user came in this morning, loged
on
>to the network and started Microsoft Outlook 2000 to
>discover all of their contacts where missing - gone!
>Nothing! With seemingly no explanation as to why.

>I have looked at the deleted items, checked all sub-
>folders, everywhere I can think of looking, and nothing.

>Could someone please help with a possible explanation as
>to the cause of this phenomenon and possible solution
(if
>any).

>Thanks.

>.

1. Contact created in OWA 5.5 is missing in Outlook 2000

My environment:
Exchange 5.5 SP4 on NT4 Server SP6a
OWA 5.5 on 2000 Server SP2 / IIS 5
Outlook 2000 SR-1 on 2000 Prof SP2; IE 6

When I create a new contact in OWA, I can see it in
Outlook 2000's Contacts, but I can't see it when I ... New
Mail Message > To > Show Names from the Contacts

I found this KB article:
us;Q268565

Method 1
Create contacts in the Outlook client instead of in OWA.

Method 2
To resolve this behavior on a per-contact basis, open the
contact created in OWA by opening the contacts folder,
selecting the contact, and then making and saving any
changes.

Method 1 is not desirable.  Method 2 does not fix the
problem (I made changes to the contact in both OWA and
Outlook 2000, but the problem still exists).

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you,
David

2. Keep it simple

3. How to move contact list b/w msft.outlook and exchange 2000 server owa contact

4. NT wont authenticate POP3 users with domain accounts

5. how to sync OWA contacts with outlook 2000 contacts

6. Can't install Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000

7. Problems with Missing Contacts in Outlook

8. Please Help : Exchange Newbie wants to collect bounced messages

9. Contacts in Mac Outlook 8.2.1 vs Outlook 2000 on Windows

10. Forwarding from Public Folders to external contacts using Outlook 2000/Exchange 2000

11. Exchange 2000/Outlook 2000 Contact and Distribution with Active Directory

12. Sharing contacts using Outlook 2000 & Exchange 2000

13. 5.5 Public Folders missing in Exchange2000 / Outlook 2000 ?