Setup problem: system attendant service is unavailable ???

Setup problem: system attendant service is unavailable ???

Post by Min » Wed, 14 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hi all
I'm a newbie at Exchange and desperately need help to setup exchange server
I got a demo CD from one of the MOC course. The installation went well until
almost the end when a message :" The Microsoft Exchange System Attendant
Service is unavailable. Microsoft Exchange Server Setup ID No: c1031668" came
up. I've tried disabling all the IIS services, still no luck. Could someone please
help. Please email me as I don't have time to visit this forum everyday.
Many thanks in advance.

Setup problem: system attendant service is unavailable ???

Post by Amiri Jone » Sat, 17 Oct 1998 04:00:00

    You may have gotten some bad code.  I know the sample version included
with the latest MCSE Exchange exam prep book from MS Press had some major
bugs in it that caused expiration problems.  Contact MS and see about
ordering a new CD; I think they also have a patch on their web site
(assuming this is the ultimate cause of the problem).  I don't see where
disabling the IIS services would make a difference one way or another.  You
also might try the age-old "solution" of uninstalling and reinstalling the
software...

>Hi all
>I'm a newbie at Exchange and desperately need help to setup exchange server
>I got a demo CD from one of the MOC course. The installation went well
until
>almost the end when a message :" The Microsoft Exchange System Attendant
>Service is unavailable. Microsoft Exchange Server Setup ID No: c1031668"
came
>up. I've tried disabling all the IIS services, still no luck. Could someone
please
>help. Please email me as I don't have time to visit this forum everyday.
>Many thanks in advance.

1. Setup problem: system attendant service is unavailable ???

Hi all
I'm a newbie at Exchange and desperately need help to setup exchange server
I got a demo CD from one of the MOC course. The installation went well until
almost the end when a message :" The Microsoft Exchange System Attendant
Service is unavailable. Microsoft Exchange Server Setup ID No: c1031668" came
up. I've tried disabling all the IIS services, still no luck. Could someone please
help. Please email me as I don't have time to visit this forum everyday.
Many thanks in advance.

2. Get Exchange e-mail

3. Pop3 Connectivity

4. Custom Contact Form

5. OWA woes!. Install Exchange SPK3 on IIS?

6. Exch System Attendant Service unavailable

7. System Attendant service is unavailable!

8. System Attendant Unavailable Problem c1031668

9. Setup failure related to System Attendant service

10. 2nd post: Exch2K: Setup failed while installing System Attendant service, error 0xC007007B