error ID c0070005

Post by iFio » Fri, 22 Nov 2002 03:19:14

I have an Exchange2K SP3, and an error c0070005 appear & disallow
access to the following function:

1) to change e-mail address on users properties (at AD user & computer MMC
snap-in)

2) access to Locales on server properties (at Exchange system manager MMC
snap-in)

3) access to Diagnostics Logging properties (at Exchange system manger MMC
snap-in)

followed Q323915 to add full control premission to registry keys, doesn't
work.

Tried with my account (has exchange full admin right; enterpriese admin
right; admin right; domain right; schema admin right), doesn't work.

Tried also with administrator account (has exchange full admin right;
enterpeise admin; domain admin; schema admin; group policy creation...
rights), doesn't work either.

Could anyone help me out because I can't add new user & modify/add email
address for users anymore.

error ID c0070005

Post by Moi? » Wed, 27 Nov 2002 11:10:09

I would look at the security on the server level in ESM.  Remove all deny's
except for Send As.

Good luck!

This is the only Technet article I found.

PSS ID Number: Q265051

Article last modified on 09-10-2001

winnt:

---

- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server

---

SYMPTOMS

========

When you create a new public information store, the following error message
may

be logged in the application event log of the Microsoft Windows 2000 Event

Viewer:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: MSExchangeSA

Event Category: General

Event ID: 2030

Date: 6/7/2000

Time: 5:14:18 PM

User: N/A

Computer: Computer

;p=Site;o=TestDomain;s=NewPubMDB; MS:Site/TestDomain/NewPubMDB ' in the

directory. Error 'c0070005'.

CAUSE

=====

This issue can occur if a public information store is created on two
different

Exchange 2000 Server computers with the same name. In the error message in
the

"Symptoms" section of this article, the public information stores are both
named

NewPubMDB.

WORKAROUND

==========

To work around this issue, always create information stores with unique
names

throughout your organization.

MORE INFORMATION

================

This issue can occur if two Exchange 2000 Server computers point to two

different domain controllers.

This is a replication issue between the domain controller and the global
catalog

server. The domain controller has not replicated information to the global

catalog server. Until the first object is replicated to the global catalog

server, any other object that is created with the same name receives the
same

proxy address.

Latency issues may cause problems with the uniqueness of the proxy addresses
that

are generated for each information store.

Additional query words: exch2kp2w

Component : Admin LocalStore

Technology : kbExchangeSearch kbExchange2000Search kbExchange2000Serv

Version : winnt:

Issue type : kbprb

=

Copyright Microsoft Corporation 2001.

Quote:> I have an Exchange2K SP3, and an error c0070005 appear & disallow
> access to the following function:

> 1) to change e-mail address on users properties (at AD user & computer MMC
> snap-in)

> 2) access to Locales on server properties (at Exchange system manager MMC
> snap-in)

> 3) access to Diagnostics Logging properties (at Exchange system manger MMC
> snap-in)

> followed Q323915 to add full control premission to registry keys, doesn't
> work.

> Tried with my account (has exchange full admin right; enterpriese admin
> right; admin right; domain right; schema admin right), doesn't work.

> Tried also with administrator account (has exchange full admin right;
> enterpeise admin; domain admin; schema admin; group policy creation...
> rights), doesn't work either.

> Could anyone help me out because I can't add new user & modify/add email
> address for users anymore.

1. error ID c0070005 after upgrade to SP3

After upgraded Exchange2K from SP2 to SP3, error c0070005 appear & disallow
[...]

Many thanks
Hong

2. 1006 error, IS Service NOT starting.

3. Exchange 2000 error c0070005

4. Accessing the "virutal" M: drive?

5. ERROR c0070005

6. Renaming Exchange Virtual Directory

7. Exchange 2000 error c0070005

8. Removing Attachments for a specific client

9. error c0070005

10. Setup error allways c0070005

11. Setup/Reinstall Error c0070005

12. MAPI.Message.ID: Errors when using the ID value returned by a mes sage

13. Event ID 7024 with Error ID 4021