Few Qs about Public Folders

Post by Ali Sadr » Sat, 13 Sep 1997 04:00:00

I- When I go to create new folder under All Public Folders there is a
choice to create either New Folder or New Disussion Folder. Once created I
can not see any difference between them. Is there any?

II- When users are posting to public folder they can choose the from field
and post on behalf of other users. Can this be stopped?

III- Is there anything special about General Folder under favorites folder?

Your suggestions are appreciated.

1. Few question regarding accessing Public Folders using ASP (IIS5)

Hi All,

First of all, I have looked far and wide (and obviously in the wrong place)
as I am after information/examples of accessing Public Folders under
Exchange 2000 using an Active Server Page.

I did this quite happily under Exchange 5.5 and CDO and accessing the folder
using it's ID.

I have asked before and people have replied saying that me CDO code would
work. Unfortunately, I don't have the new Folder ID and don't seem to be
able to find it or get to it. I have read that there is a special little
template from CDOLIVE that will give me the ID, but I have since found out
that it only supports Exchange 5,5.5 and NOT Exchange 2000.

So, my questions are:
1) Is there an easy way (or a way) of finding the Folder ID under Exchange
2000?
2) I have noticed that a lot of people seem to be able to program using the
URL of a Public Folder or mailbox to "attach" to the object. Is there
anywhere that might have a "lesson" or "how to" to do this? I have searched
Microsoft and although they have good documents for Exchange 5.5, I can't
find any for 2K.

Sorry, for the long and maybe somewhat technically incorrect post, but I'm
at my wits end trying to solve this problem.

Thanks to all those that reply..

Regards,
Robert

2. How to setup/add public folders?

3. Reading Public folder Items and Sub folder items under public folders

4. basic question about backup testing

5. Curious Qs in E2K ??

6. Exchange Newbie

7. Can't access Qs

8. unreachable destination queue

9. Qs on using the IMC to route Internet mail from other connected Ex sites

10. OWA Qs. !!

11. Exchange 2000 Setup Qs

12. copying contact items from mailboxes and public folders to another public folder

13. Search on Public Folders,,,Public Folder replication,,,,WorkFlow Tool