Restricting Access Through Outlook Web Access

Restricting Access Through Outlook Web Access

Post by glenn_ratlif » Sat, 29 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Can any tell me if it is possible to restrict the access that my users have
through Outlook Web Access. I only want them to be able to do basic email
functions like send, receive, forward, etc. I don't want them to be able to
see other addresses or to use the scheduling functions. If this is not
possible, does any one know of a program that will interface with Exchange
5.5 that will do web based email functions. Any help will be greatly
appreciated

Glenn C. Ratliff
GCR Company

Restricting Access Through Outlook Web Access

Post by Terry Beaver » Mon, 31 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I would expect the easiest thing to do would be to remove those icons off
the navbar frame. There is  one navbar for authenticated users and one for
anonymous users. The code is clearly delineated as to where each navbar
option is located. This might miss some  icon deep within the bowels of OWA
but would certainly eliminate the most obvious starting points for those
functions.

Terry Beavers
USF