Licensing

Post by Tony » Thu, 05 Sep 2002 01:35:19

Question? does a BDC running WIN2K server, Exch2k need
separate Licenses?

1. Strange License Issue (no licenses available)

We are running Exchange 2000 Server on a system that is
also a DC. Now recently we have noticed that there have
been licensing issues where one DC was not consistent
with the other. I tracked down the problem as the license
info was not replicating. After replication, it showed
that clients of Exchange had a valid license, but now
when Outlook clients tried to access Exchange, they
got "no licenses available". I found that if I turned off
the License Service on the Exchange Server, all clients
can access again. So it appears that the license
information that might be cached is different than what
the License Service knows about.

Thoughts?

Roy

2. Saving attachments from multiple messages

3. License Group/Licensing for Windows Server and Exchange Server

4. WWW Access

5. License Manager reports too many licenses used

6. Exch5.5 to exch2000 on a win2k box

7. Outlook 97 licensing Exchange Server 5.0 in per server licensing mode

8. create a contact via ADO in an ASP page

9. Exchange Licenses - Reports out of licenses but there are plenty

10. No client licenses available while License Server is up

11. No Licenses Available when License Service is up

12. Strange License Issue (no licenses available)

13. Licensing issue -- no more licenses