problems creating a custom registration in OWA

problems creating a custom registration in OWA

Post by Bern » Thu, 21 Nov 2002 04:36:57

Hi group,

I would like to let OWA display my xml data items in custom form.

My xml data items have a content type urn:content-classes:xmldata

I've created my own form registration folder and within following form
registration:
    DAV:contentclass
urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:forms#registration
    DAV:displayname
xmlFormRegistration.reg
    urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:forms#binding            client
    urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:forms#contentclass
urn:content-classes:xmldata
    urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:forms#contentstate     *
    urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:forms#cmd                 get
    urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:forms#executeurl
/exchweb/bin/exwform.dll
    urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:forms#formurl
http://myServer/public/GoodLook/WebForms/myPage.htm
    and so on...(I've used the form registration wizzard)

My public folders and items look like
    myServer\public\GoodLook\xmlDataFolder\xmlData.eml
    myServer\public\GoodLook\FormRegistrations\xmlFormRegistration.reg
    myServer\public\GoodLook\WebForms\myPage.htm

I've set the urn:schemas-microsoft-com:exch-data:schema-collection-ref of
xmlDataFolder folder to point to the FormRegistrations folder
(myServer\public\GoodLook\FormRegistrations).

But anytime I try to open my xml data item in OWA it is displayed by the
standard OWA form instead of my custom form.

Any ideas how to get this work???

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP » Sat, 23 Nov 2002 02:03:28

> Hi group,

> I would like to let OWA display my xml data items in custom form.

> My xml data items have a content type urn:content-classes:xmldata

Make sure that "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:forms#contentclass"
contains the urn of the folder type like this: "urn:content-classes:folder"
(or "urn:content-classes:mailfolder" or "urn:content-classes:contactfolder"
etc.) and not "urn:content-classes:xmldata". Should do the trick.

--
<Cheers:Siegfried runat="server" />

Development Lead,

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server

CDOLive LLC - The Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration Application
Experts http://www.cdolive.com

Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
discussion. Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice.

1. custom form registration OWA

I would like OWA to show my own ASP page when the Options
buttom is pressed.
I tryed registrate my ASP form with Exchange Explorer and
with code but nothing happens, my custom form is not
displayed!??
Where do I place my ASP file and how do I registrate it as a custom form?
In the ducumentation it says: "Register the form globally
against the cmd options and against the mailfolder,
folder, calendarfolder, journalfolder, and contactfolder
content classes." but as I see it you can only set ONE
content class??

Please help.
This is the code I tryed to registrate the form with:

Set oCon = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
oCon.ConnectionString =
"http://myserver/exchange/SystemMailbox{GUID}/##SCHEMAURI##/microsoft/exchan
geV1"
oCon.Provider = "ExOledb.Datasource"
oCon.Open
Set oRec = CreateObject("ADODB.Record")
oRec.Open "defaultASPForm.frg", oCon, 3, 0
oRec.Fields("DAV:contentclass") =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:forms#registration"
oRec.Fields("urn:schemas-Microsoft-com:office:forms#binding") = "server"
oRec.Fields("urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:forms#cmd") = "options"
oRec.Fields("urn:schemas-microsoft-
com:office:forms#contentclass") = "urn:content-classes:mailfolder" ' <--can
there be more arguments here?
oRec.Fields("urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:forms#contentstate") = "*"
oRec.Fields("urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:forms#executeurl") =
"/exchweb/bin/options.asp"
oRec.Fields("urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:forms#formurl") =
"http://myserver/exchweb/bin/options.asp"
oRec.Fields("urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:forms#request") = "*"
oRec.Fields.Update
oRec.Close

2. Switching from mix to native mode

3. Custom Form Registration in OWA

4. exchange 5.0 & pop3

5. Exchange Extensions Problem

6. custom data field in event sink registration?

7. High Store.exe memory Utilization

8. OnSave Event Sink and custom info from the registration item

9. Outlook Custom Form does not display Custom Actions if the item was created from CDO

10. Creating custom reports on custom fields added to contacts within Outlook/Exchange

11. Creating an Event Registration Item using regevent

12. OWA -- Creating Custom Forms