IMC error 503, Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure

IMC error 503, Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure

Post by Kris Engele » Fri, 11 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi everyone,

Since two weeks I'ver started to get strange IMC-errors (or should I say
smtp-errors).

When internal clients try to send mail, they sometimes (let's say 1 out of
10) get this error message:

Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure
 The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=LPI
Limited;l=VENUS-990610112046Z-2882
            MSEXCH:IMS:LPI Limited:LPI HQ:VENUS 3503 (000B099C) 503 Bad
Sequence of commands.

Or another message will say "Polite people say helo first"...

This relates to some kind of protocol error while retrieving and delivering
mail.

Can somebody plz help me with this.. I absolutely need a 100percent working
exchange server.. (at least a 95percent wworking :-)

Thanks anyway...

Post by Rich Matheis » Fri, 11 Jun 1999 04:00:00

>Hi everyone,

>Since two weeks I'ver started to get strange IMC-errors (or should I say
>smtp-errors).

>When internal clients try to send mail, they sometimes (let's say 1 out of
>10) get this error message:

>Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure
> The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=LPI
>Limited;l=VENUS-990610112046Z-2882
>            MSEXCH:IMS:LPI Limited:LPI HQ:VENUS 3503 (000B099C) 503 Bad
>Sequence of commands.

SMTP (RFC821) describes the sequence of commands. Start the SMTP
Protocol Log and see what's happening.

Quote:>Or another message will say "Polite people say helo first"...

I'll bet this happens when you send to usanet.net, right? Call them
and try to explain that their SMTP server is broken. Good luck.

Quote:>This relates to some kind of protocol error while retrieving and delivering
>mail.

>Can somebody plz help me with this.. I absolutely need a 100percent working
>exchange server.. (at least a 95percent wworking :-)

Why do you assume it's Exchange that's at fault?

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE, Exchange MVP

1. IMC error 503, Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure

Hi everyone,

Since two weeks I'ver started to get strange IMC-errors (or should I say
smtp-errors).

When internal clients try to send mail, they sometimes (let's say 1 out of
10) get this error message:

Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure
 The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=LPI
Limited;l=VENUS-990610112046Z-2882
            MSEXCH:IMS:LPI Limited:LPI HQ:VENUS 3503 (000B099C) 503 Bad
Sequence of commands.

Or another message will say "Polite people say helo first"...

This relates to some kind of protocol error while retrieving and delivering
mail.

Can somebody plz help me with this.. I absolutely need a 100percent working
exchange server.. (at least a 95percent wworking :-)

Thanks anyway...

2. Help monitoring queues

3. New mail box addresses....

4. Restrict # of Client Logons

5. MTA Error: Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure

6. Exchange Server Shares

7. Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure

8. Exchange 5.5 NDR: Unable to deliver message due to a communications failure

9. Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure