Event 9543: Unable to create Public Folder proxy object

Event 9543: Unable to create Public Folder proxy object

Post by Mark Welc » Sun, 15 Sep 2002 04:04:16

We are receiving numerous Event ID 9543 errors in the
Application Event Log on our Exchange 2000 SP2 server
running Windows 2000 SP3.  The errors state "Unable to
create Public Folder proxy object for folder "foldername"
in the Active Directory."

When I try to access the folder properties
under "Administrative Groups\Domain\Folders\Public
Folders" in the Exchange System Manager, I receive an
error stating, "The mail proxy for this folder can not be
found. This may be due to replication delays. The mail
enabled pages will not be shown. ID no: c1038a21, Exchange
System Manager".

The Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - Q278441 lists this
problem, but it says it was corrected in Windows 2000
SP2.  We recently upgraded to Windows 2000 SP3 and I do
not believe this was a problem prior to the upgrade.  Has
anyone else encountered this error before or have any
suggestions?  Would installing Exchange 2000 SP3 help?

Event 9543: Unable to create Public Folder proxy object

Post by Fabian M » Sat, 21 Sep 2002 20:33:57

Hi Mark,

try this. Go to the Recipient Update Service and Rebuilt and Replikate all
Recipient Update Services.

Recipient -> Recipient Update Service ->...

Fabian

Quote:> We are receiving numerous Event ID 9543 errors in the
> Application Event Log on our Exchange 2000 SP2 server
> running Windows 2000 SP3.  The errors state "Unable to
> create Public Folder proxy object for folder "foldername"
> in the Active Directory."

> When I try to access the folder properties
> under "Administrative Groups\Domain\Folders\Public
> Folders" in the Exchange System Manager, I receive an
> error stating, "The mail proxy for this folder can not be
> found. This may be due to replication delays. The mail
> enabled pages will not be shown. ID no: c1038a21, Exchange
> System Manager".

> The Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - Q278441 lists this
> problem, but it says it was corrected in Windows 2000
> SP2.  We recently upgraded to Windows 2000 SP3 and I do
> not believe this was a problem prior to the upgrade.  Has
> anyone else encountered this error before or have any
> suggestions?  Would installing Exchange 2000 SP3 help?

1. Proxy for Public Folders (c1038a21 - event 9543 MSExchangeIS)

Hello,
As explained before I have this problem on a customer site. with system
public folders :
 - events (EventConfig_SERVERNAME)
 - exchweb
 - controls
 - img

If I take a look in the AD with ADSI Edit, I can't find those objects in
"Microsoft Exchange System Objects"

Do you know how to recreate them, as reinstalling the server is not an
option ?

Do you think that if I install a new server in the same domain, move all
mailboxes to it, it will solve the problem ?

Thanks in advance

Pascal

2. Install a second Exchange in same domain

3. Unable to create Public Folder proxy object for folder

4. webmail...

5. unable to create Public Folder proxy object in ADS

6. Shared folders question, IMPORTANT for decision making

7. Unable to create Public Folder proxy object

8. CDO : RecurrencePattern help.

9. can't create public folder/ error 9543

10. Event Viewer Error Event ID 9543