is owa (Outlook web access) a imap client?

Post by Aksha » Sun, 12 Jan 2003 22:59:04

is owa (Outlook web access) a imap client?

I am very much a newbie to outlook, exchange etc.
but i would like to know if owa acts as a client which can
view mails via some link in the browser.?

so the heirarchy would be
1) Exchange server having IMAP
2) Owa as the client

so i can access my mail remotly also. ami rite.?

is owa (Outlook web access) a imap client?

Post by Gary McDonnel » Mon, 13 Jan 2003 00:38:48

Exchange does support IMAP4 and POP3.

OWA is not an IMAP client, however - it is a web browser based client that
does not store any mail locally. One can use it to access mail via the
Internet using a reasonably current browser.

/gary mcdonnell