Cannot receive external mail due to internal transport problem

Cannot receive external mail due to internal transport problem

Post by Gerhard Marin » Wed, 06 Nov 2002 10:50:45

Hello Experts,

Our Exchange Server 2k is set up with 2 domains in the default recipient
policy: the primary SMTP domain and the intranet domain. However, if you try
to mail from outside or do testing via "telnet SERVER 25" and write a mail
from the telnet console you get the following NDR message to the postmaster:

Action: failed

The message tracking center gives the following log:

"SMTP: Message submitted to Avanced Queuing
SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue
SMTP: Message Submitted to Categorizer
SMTP: Advanced Queue Failed to Deliver Message
SMTP: Non-Delivered Report (NDR) Generated"

Internal mailing is working, i.e. if the sender has the address

address is working.

What could be wrong?

Thanks in advance for any advise,

Gerhard

1. One user cannot send/receive internal mail - External mail is OK

Components:

Small office (3 users) Exchange 2000, on Windows 2000 Server.  Outlook
XP, and one very pissed off administrator.

This just started happening, no changes were made to outlook or server
settings.

We're using outlook 2002, full Exchange client setup.  I've tried
setting up this user on multiple desktops and get the same results.
He can send and recieve mail from the internet, oddly enough, but
internal messages never make it to or from his account, and nobody
recieves andy Non-deliverable messages.

I've even tried deleting, purging, and then recreating his entire
mailbox!  There are NO errors in the event log!

There are no rules set up in outlook for mail.

The server is running NAV, but not NAV for exchange, so it's not
really looking at E-mail.  I disabled it anyway to see if that had any
effect, but no luck.

I have never, EVER, seen a problem like this before.  At least not one
that wasn't solved by re-creating everything.

Any input AT ALL for help would be very, very appreciated.  Things
were going quite well for this client for quite a while.

-Dave

2. Multiple mail servers on one domain

3. Cannot Send / Receive External & Receive Internal Email

4. Please help moron enter addresses in personal address book

5. Internal mail working but cannot receive external

6. On Site Exchange Support in South Florida

7. Can not receive external mail, Can send and receive internal mail

8. Exchange 5.5 SP1 Routing Restrictions

9. Cannot receive mail due to huge mail queues

10. Help: Cannot Receive External Internet Mail After Switching from CC:mail to Exchange

11. Exchange Not Receiving Internal/External E-mails

12. How do I disable some users from sending and receiving external mail (need internal only)

13. Cannot Received Extermal Mail, Internal Works Fine