Exchange Phone List Web Application from CDOLive.com

Exchange Phone List Web Application from CDOLive.com

Post by Joshua Campbel » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 01:35:32

I am currently using the Exchange Phone List Web Application that can be
found at CDOLive.com.  However, I am wanting to expand the search features
to include the ability to search by phone number.  Unfortunately, I do not
know CDO, so I don't fully understand how this application is doing the
searches.  Can someone please help me out?

Thank you.
Joshua

Exchange Phone List Web Application from CDOLive.com

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 05:17:25

message...

Quote:

> I am currently using the Exchange Phone List Web Application that can be
> found at CDOLive.com.  However, I am wanting to expand the search features
> to include the ability to search by phone number.  Unfortunately, I do not
> know CDO, so I don't fully understand how this application is doing the
> searches.  Can someone please help me out?

After a brief glance at the code I quickly figured that this is not a
trivial task. Basically you need to find the MAPI property of the phone
number you want to search for (see http://www.cdolive.com/cdo10.htm for a
list) and then modify a lot of code in address.asp to accomplish that. But I
believe the documentation of that stuff isn't that bad and you can do it.

--
<Siegfried />

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server
Co-author of "Professional CDO Programming", Wrox Press 1999

CDOLive - The Premier Resource for Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration
Application Development
http://www.cdolive.com

Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
discussion.
Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice.

Exchange Phone List Web Application from CDOLive.com

Post by Joshua Campbel » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 23:29:41

True, and the MAPI properties are already defined in CDOPROPS.INC so we
could just make a call out of there.  However, when I went in and tried to
adjust the search code to where I could do a search by phone number, it
didn't work (of course, I'm NOT the best programmer in the world).  I guess
that I was hoping that someone had already altered this in their environment
and could help me out.

Thanks.
Joshua

> message...

> > I am currently using the Exchange Phone List Web Application that can be
> > found at CDOLive.com.  However, I am wanting to expand the search
features
> > to include the ability to search by phone number.  Unfortunately, I do
not
> > know CDO, so I don't fully understand how this application is doing the
> > searches.  Can someone please help me out?

> After a brief glance at the code I quickly figured that this is not a
> trivial task. Basically you need to find the MAPI property of the phone
> number you want to search for (see http://www.cdolive.com/cdo10.htm for a
> list) and then modify a lot of code in address.asp to accomplish that. But
> believe the documentation of that stuff isn't that bad and you can do it.

> --
> <Siegfried />

> Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server
> Co-author of "Professional CDO Programming", Wrox Press 1999

> CDOLive - The Premier Resource for Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration
> Application Development
> http://www.cdolive.com

> Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
> discussion.
> Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice.

1. Exchange Phone List Web Application from CDOLive.com

I am currently using the Exchange Phone List Web Application that can be
found at CDOLive.com.  However, I am wanting to expand the search features
to include the ability to search by phone number.  Unfortunately, I do not
know CDO, so I don't fully understand how this application is doing the
searches.  Can someone please help me out?

Thank you.
Joshua

2. possible stupid question

3. Autoforward from CDOlive.com

4. How do i set up exchange

5. MSDN Sample Phone Book application using CDO to exchange

6. HELP Mailbox Move freezing up

7. Using Global Address list as corporate phone list

8. how to move mail box to another recipients container

9. List of Mailboxes/Phone List

10. Looking for web or phone support for Exchange 5.5/Outlook2000

11. Workflow Event Sink COM+Application

12. domain.com\exchange - exchange.domain.com - exchange