SSL Error in the Application Event Log- Event ID 36871

SSL Error in the Application Event Log- Event ID 36871

Post by JR » Wed, 03 Oct 2001 01:10:17

Has anyone experienced this problem?

After the installation of SP2 for Windows 2000 on an
Exchange 2000 Server, you receive an error in the
application log. The event ID is 36871 and it is generated
when you restart the server or when services are restarted.

Event ID 36871 -A fatal error occurred while creating an
SSL Server credential.

Does anyone know how to get rid of thei problem?

Thanks
JR

SSL Error in the Application Event Log- Event ID 36871

Post by T. » Wed, 03 Oct 2001 09:25:28

Quote:>Has anyone experienced this problem?

>After the installation of SP2 for Windows 2000 on an
>Exchange 2000 Server, you receive an error in the
>application log. The event ID is 36871 and it is generated
>when you restart the server or when services are restarted.

>Event ID 36871 -A fatal error occurred while creating an
>SSL Server credential.

>Does anyone know how to get rid of thei problem?

See this...

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q305/0/88.ASP

I've also been told by MS support that this is erroneous.

-T.

SSL Error in the Application Event Log- Event ID 36871

Post by JR » Thu, 04 Oct 2001 22:46:42

Thanks.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>On Mon, 1 Oct 2001 09:10:17 -0700, "JR"

>>Has anyone experienced this problem?

>>After the installation of SP2 for Windows 2000 on an
>>Exchange 2000 Server, you receive an error in the
>>application log. The event ID is 36871 and it is
generated
>>when you restart the server or when services are
restarted.

>>Event ID 36871 -A fatal error occurred while creating an
>>SSL Server credential.

>>Does anyone know how to get rid of thei problem?

>See this...

>http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q305/0/88
.ASP

>I've also been told by MS support that this is erroneous.

>-T.
>.

1. Error in Application Event Log. Event ID 1023

I'm receiving the following error in my Event log....
======
Event Type:     Failure Audit
Event Source:   MSExchangeIS Private
Event Category: Logons
Event ID:       1023
Date:           9/23/2003
Time:           10:12:12 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       MAIL
PE_DOMAIN\service was validated as /o=Perteet
Engineering/ou=PE_DOMAIN/cn=Recipients/CN=NAIPE_DOMAINMAIL
 but was unable to log on
to /O=Company_Name/OU=PE_DOMAIN/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=CAROL C.
======

I get this same error consecutively for several minutes
to where the event log will fill up with hundreds of
these messages.  The strange thing is that the mailbox
that it refers to has been deleted for years.  This has
been going on for a long time but my predicessor didn't
find a need to figure out why.  Does anyone have any
suggestions.

I'm running Exchange 5.5 (Build 2653.23;  Service Pack 4)
on a Windows 2000 sp3, in a NT4 Domain.

2. DO I NEED POP?

3. Event ID 1000 Is Logged in the Application Event Log

4. Multiple Domains in Exchange 2000 Enterprise?

5. Events with event ID's 179 and 180 are filling up my application log

6. Problems after Exhcange 5.5. migration

7. Event ID 820/36871/7031

8. duplicate emails

9. Event ID: 36871

10. event id: 36871, source: schannel

11. Continous Event ID 1010 error in application log

12. Application Log error (Source: MSExchangeMGMT Event ID: 6)