Sick and tired of error: Id no: 80004005

Sick and tired of error: Id no: 80004005

Post by Dave » Sat, 17 Feb 2001 03:45:30

Sick and tired of  error:
Operation failed
Id no: 80004005
Exchange System Manager

I have read through every posting since January 1 and cannot get it fixed.
I have a W2K Server and EX2K Single Domain and Single Domain
Controller...(adding another one soon.  Any MORE IDEAS?

Your help would be appreciated!

Sick and tired of error: Id no: 80004005

Post by Gordon Watt » Wed, 21 Feb 2001 00:48:32

Hi,
  This is a permissions access error (ends in "005"). Someplace along the
line you are violating some security setting. Without knowing more, that is
all that one can guess.

    Cheers,
        Gordon.

Quote:> Sick and tired of  error:
> Operation failed
> Id no: 80004005
> Exchange System Manager

> I have read through every posting since January 1 and cannot get it fixed.
> I have a W2K Server and EX2K Single Domain and Single Domain
> Controller...(adding another one soon.  Any MORE IDEAS?

> Your help would be appreciated!

Sick and tired of error: Id no: 80004005

Post by Scott Schnoll [MVP » Wed, 21 Feb 2001 14:33:07

Hi,

Error 80004005 translates to MAPI_E_CALL_FAILED.  It can certainly be
caused by permissions problems, but that isn't the only thing that
causes it.

Dave, what are you doing within ESM that results in this error?
--
Regards,

Scott Schnoll, MCSE MCT MCP+I
Microsoft MVP
TNT Software - http://www.tntsoftware.com
Microsoft Cluster Server Center -
http://www.nwnetworks.com/cluster.html
Internet Explorer Security Center -
http://www.nwnetworks.com/iesc.html

> Hi,
>   This is a permissions access error (ends in "005"). Someplace
along the
> line you are violating some security setting. Without knowing more,
that is
> all that one can guess.

>     Cheers,
>         Gordon.

> > Sick and tired of  error:
> > Operation failed
> > Id no: 80004005
> > Exchange System Manager

> > I have read through every posting since January 1 and cannot get
it fixed.
> > I have a W2K Server and EX2K Single Domain and Single Domain
> > Controller...(adding another one soon.  Any MORE IDEAS?

> > Your help would be appreciated!

Sick and tired of error: Id no: 80004005

Post by Gordon Watt » Wed, 21 Feb 2001 17:24:21

Interesting. In all my fights with DCOM, COM, and the filesystem, everytime
I saw that I go after security. Hmmm... actually, those errors had one less
"0" between the 8 and the 4. Thanks for pointing this out. -Gordon.

> Hi,

> Error 80004005 translates to MAPI_E_CALL_FAILED.  It can certainly be
> caused by permissions problems, but that isn't the only thing that
> causes it.

> Dave, what are you doing within ESM that results in this error?
> --
> Regards,

> Scott Schnoll, MCSE MCT MCP+I
> Microsoft MVP
> TNT Software - http://www.tntsoftware.com
> Microsoft Cluster Server Center -
> http://www.nwnetworks.com/cluster.html
> Internet Explorer Security Center -
> http://www.nwnetworks.com/iesc.html

> > Hi,
> >   This is a permissions access error (ends in "005"). Someplace
> along the
> > line you are violating some security setting. Without knowing more,
> that is
> > all that one can guess.

> >     Cheers,
> >         Gordon.

> > > Sick and tired of  error:
> > > Operation failed
> > > Id no: 80004005
> > > Exchange System Manager

> > > I have read through every posting since January 1 and cannot get
> it fixed.
> > > I have a W2K Server and EX2K Single Domain and Single Domain
> > > Controller...(adding another one soon.  Any MORE IDEAS?

> > > Your help would be appreciated!

Sick and tired of error: Id no: 80004005

Post by Scott Schnoll [MVP » Thu, 22 Feb 2001 14:52:47

You're welcome!  :-)
--
Regards,

Scott Schnoll, MCSE MCT MCP+I
Microsoft MVP
TNT Software - http://www.tntsoftware.com
Microsoft Cluster Server Center -
http://www.nwnetworks.com/cluster.html
Internet Explorer Security Center -
http://www.nwnetworks.com/iesc.html

> Interesting. In all my fights with DCOM, COM, and the filesystem,
everytime
> I saw that I go after security. Hmmm... actually, those errors had
one less
> "0" between the 8 and the 4. Thanks for pointing this out. -Gordon.

> > Hi,

> > Error 80004005 translates to MAPI_E_CALL_FAILED.  It can certainly
be
> > caused by permissions problems, but that isn't the only thing that
> > causes it.

> > Dave, what are you doing within ESM that results in this error?
> > --
> > Regards,

> > Scott Schnoll, MCSE MCT MCP+I
> > Microsoft MVP
> > TNT Software - http://www.tntsoftware.com
> > Microsoft Cluster Server Center -
> > http://www.nwnetworks.com/cluster.html
> > Internet Explorer Security Center -
> > http://www.nwnetworks.com/iesc.html

> > > Hi,
> > >   This is a permissions access error (ends in "005"). Someplace
> > along the
> > > line you are violating some security setting. Without knowing
more,
> > that is
> > > all that one can guess.

> > >     Cheers,
> > >         Gordon.

> > it fixed.

1. Sick and tired of error: Id no: 80004005

Sick and tired of  error:
Operation failed
Id no: 80004005
Exchange System Manager

I have read through every posting since January 1 and cannot get it fixed.
I have a W2K Server and EX2K Single Domain and Single Domain
Controller...(adding another one soon.  Any MORE IDEAS?

Your help would be appreciated!

2. After Q248838 Hotfix May 10, 2000

3. need calender to email reminders

4. SICK OF BEING SICK? TIRED OF FEELING TIRED?

5. There isn′t Provider of Transport to Delivery ( urgent )

6. Event Id: 7200, Error Code 80004005

7. Oops- removed everyone rights to C: Drive on XP Pro

8. Error ID 80004005 when accesing Help in Exchange System Manager

9. create the new user- error ID number: 80004005

10. ID error: 80004005 ???

11. Help! Error: ID no: 80004005

12. Error ID no: 80004005