Right Backup Strategy

Post by Heman » Thu, 21 Jun 2001 21:09:26

Is this backup strategy right

I have Ad.Srv.(DC) and exchange on other DC i.e.
replication partner.

1.Take backup of Sys State of Rep. part.
2.backup of Exchange Information store
3.but not of mdbdata (as i don't want to be offline)

Now in the case of complete disaster can I restore  all
mailboxes with this backup
(inluding mdbdata) as i can access this after crash.

After crash I will

Format Rep. Part.
Install Adv. Srv. and restore sysstate
Install exchange 2k with /disasterrecovery ??
Retore backup of Exchange Information store.

any thing else missing??

please guide

thx

1. Right Strategy

I want to use Exchange 2000 in my company and i need to know if that
Strategy is right:
I have a NT4 Domain with an Exchange 5.5 Server and i also have a Win2k
forest with two domains.
All Users of the NT4 Domain are migrated with the ADMT to the Win2k forest.
Now i want to set up an Exchange 2000 Server on a Member Server in the root
domain of the Win2k forest.
these are my steeps:
1 i want to run forest prep (i build a new organisation so that i have two
different organisations)
2 "    "   "    "    domain prep
3 i set up Exchange 2000 Server
4 i install the ADC
5 make a CA
6 now i want to move the mailboxes to the new server

I only need the ADC for moving the mailboxes is'nt it?

Is this the right way or is an other way better???

thanks for help!!!

2. Problems with Dir. Replication/deleting accounts

3. Seeking Backup Strategies

4. Agents Tab not showing in Outlook

5. E2K Active/Passive Backup Strategy?

6. Global adress list

7. Backup strategy ?

8. How do clients in netware workgroup connect to Exchange

9. Backup Strategies

10. Exchange Backup Strategies

11. Backup all mailboxes and Exchange user rights with NT Backup

12. Backup strategy

13. Exchange Backup Strategy