Users unable to logon to Exchange server

Users unable to logon to Exchange server

Post by BiDi » Fri, 01 Feb 2002 00:52:32

I'v restored and mounted the priv and pub databases.

When a users starts outlook, he is prompted to enter his account name,
password and domain.
When I fill them in, I get the following message at all users:

Your logon information was incorrect. Check your username and domain, then
type your password again.
If ypu account is new or if your administrator requested a password change
you need to click change password then logon with your new password

I've also installed outlook on the server, then I have only acces to the
administrator mailbox.
I can see the public folders,.... that seems OK
But.. it takes about 15 sec to start outlook.... strange...

Is there something wrong with a protocol (SSL,..) or something?
I've changed the subnet mask in the passed, but all dns settings are
correct. (DCDIAG)
I hav no idea...
I really hope someone has...

Thank you for your support.

Users unable to logon to Exchange server

Post by Kevin Mille » Fri, 01 Feb 2002 13:36:54

Do your user have mail boxes?

--
~Kevinm WLKMMAS

Quote:> I'v restored and mounted the priv and pub databases.

> When a users starts outlook, he is prompted to enter his account name,
> password and domain.
> When I fill them in, I get the following message at all users:

> Your logon information was incorrect. Check your username and domain, then
> type your password again.
> If ypu account is new or if your administrator requested a password change
> you need to click change password then logon with your new password

> I've also installed outlook on the server, then I have only acces to the
> administrator mailbox.
> I can see the public folders,.... that seems OK
> But.. it takes about 15 sec to start outlook.... strange...

> Is there something wrong with a protocol (SSL,..) or something?
> I've changed the subnet mask in the passed, but all dns settings are
> correct. (DCDIAG)
> I hav no idea...
> I really hope someone has...

> Thank you for your support.

Users unable to logon to Exchange server

Post by BiDi » Fri, 01 Feb 2002 17:13:15

Thanks everyone for your valueble tips!

Seems that the problem was in IIS.
When I logged on as an Administrator on each client, I was able to gain
acces to the admin mailbox.
The problem was that only administrators were granted acces to the IIS and
the appropriate protocol.
I've changed, this and everyting is FINALY back to normal!!

Strange, because I has always bin like that in the past.
It has to be the second network card that I plugged in (for internet acces)
that caused me this trouble.

Again, thanks to everyone.
BD

Quote:> I'v restored and mounted the priv and pub databases.

> When a users starts outlook, he is prompted to enter his account name,
> password and domain.
> When I fill them in, I get the following message at all users:

> Your logon information was incorrect. Check your username and domain, then
> type your password again.
> If ypu account is new or if your administrator requested a password change
> you need to click change password then logon with your new password

> I've also installed outlook on the server, then I have only acces to the
> administrator mailbox.
> I can see the public folders,.... that seems OK
> But.. it takes about 15 sec to start outlook.... strange...

> Is there something wrong with a protocol (SSL,..) or something?
> I've changed the subnet mask in the passed, but all dns settings are
> correct. (DCDIAG)
> I hav no idea...
> I really hope someone has...

> Thank you for your support.

Users unable to logon to Exchange server

Post by mrgeebe » Sat, 02 Feb 2002 02:42:31

Is this on a new installation of exchange?
have you checked the NT account in the mailbox properties on Exch?
You say you have restored Priv and Pub, what about Dir.edb, this is where
the accounts are stored?

more info!

Quote:> I'v restored and mounted the priv and pub databases.

> When a users starts outlook, he is prompted to enter his account name,
> password and domain.
> When I fill them in, I get the following message at all users:

> Your logon information was incorrect. Check your username and domain, then
> type your password again.
> If ypu account is new or if your administrator requested a password change
> you need to click change password then logon with your new password

> I've also installed outlook on the server, then I have only acces to the
> administrator mailbox.
> I can see the public folders,.... that seems OK
> But.. it takes about 15 sec to start outlook.... strange...

> Is there something wrong with a protocol (SSL,..) or something?
> I've changed the subnet mask in the passed, but all dns settings are
> correct. (DCDIAG)
> I hav no idea...
> I really hope someone has...

> Thank you for your support.

Users unable to logon to Exchange server

Post by BiDi » Fri, 01 Feb 2002 01:53:33

Thanks, (bit confused here, should hav known that!)
It's in the list, also because I have only 1 server that is PDC, DNS, DHCP
an exchange server.
It is not a big company, only about 15 users.

So that seems ok, must bee something else.....

Thank you for your time!

Quote:> > What is the best way to do the following:
> >  " Make sure the machine you are running Outlook on has one of it's
client
> > DNS servers set to the Exchange server"

> Jump to a prompt, type IPCONFIG /ALL

> If in the list of DNS Servers there isn't the IP address of your Exhange
> server, then you need to add it to the Protocol properties.

> Later,
> Rocky

Users unable to logon to Exchange server

Post by Anil » Fri, 01 Feb 2002 03:10:59

Have u set up the domain account policies.U will find it
under start-->programs--->administrative tools--->domain
security policy--->
  In that set up account policies , log on as a user I
guess. U need to set those policies to login. THat could
be aproblem.
Later Anil

Quote:>> server, then you need to add it to the Protocol
properties.

> [...]

more info!

Quote:> I'v restored and mounted the priv and pub databases.

> When a users starts outlook, he is prompted to enter his account name,
> password and domain.
> When I fill them in, I get the following message at all users:

> Your logon information was incorrect. Check your username and domain, then
> type your password again.
> If ypu account is new or if your administrator requested a password change
> you need to click change password then logon with your new password

> I've also installed outlook on the server, then I have only acces to the
> administrator mailbox.
> I can see the public folders,.... that seems OK
> But.. it takes about 15 sec to start outlook.... strange...

> Is there something wrong with a protocol (SSL,..) or something?
> I've changed the subnet mask in the passed, but all dns settings are

1. Users unable to logon to Exchange server

[...]

2. Exchange 2000 and NT 4.0 Domain

3. Outlook XP trying to logon to Exchange server - unable to logon

4. Mailboxe issue with exchange

5. getting Listbox selected values by CDO

6. Unable to logon Win2K using Exch mailbox user

7. ARCSERVE EXCHANGE BACKUP AGENT

8. Users unable to logon to OWA2000

9. Address book was unable to logon to MS Exchange Server

10. Unable to logon Win2K using Exch mailbox user

11. Unable to logon to the user mailbox

12. Unable to logon to exchange server