Is LDAP install by default?

Post by Kevi » Sun, 19 Aug 2001 13:17:03

In the Exchange2K System Manager, I can't find LDAP under protocol.  Do I
need to install it manually?

Kevin

Is LDAP install by default?

Post by Mark Fugat » Sun, 19 Aug 2001 13:36:51

LDAP is installed by default, it is actually part of Active Directory.

Mark Fugatt

Quote:> In the Exchange2K System Manager, I can't find LDAP under protocol.  Do I
> need to install it manually?

> Kevin

Is LDAP install by default?

Post by Kevi » Sun, 19 Aug 2001 13:59:42

Is it suppose to show in the protocols section?  I only see HTTP, IMAP4,
NNTP, POP3, SMTP, and X400.  How can I add LDAP in?

Kevin

> LDAP is installed by default, it is actually part of Active Directory.

> Mark Fugatt

> > In the Exchange2K System Manager, I can't find LDAP under protocol.  Do
> > need to install it manually?

> > Kevin

Is LDAP install by default?

Post by Mark Fugat » Sun, 19 Aug 2001 14:04:14

No, it is not suppose to show in the Protocols section.

It is part of Active Directory, what exactly are you trying to do with it.

Mark Fugatt

> Is it suppose to show in the protocols section?  I only see HTTP, IMAP4,
> NNTP, POP3, SMTP, and X400.  How can I add LDAP in?

> Kevin

> > LDAP is installed by default, it is actually part of Active Directory.

> > Mark Fugatt

> > > In the Exchange2K System Manager, I can't find LDAP under protocol.
Do
> > > need to install it manually?

> > > Kevin

Is LDAP install by default?

Post by Gary » Sun, 19 Aug 2001 20:23:06

I am using migration wizard to move mailbox from Exchange55 to Exchange2K
but the process fail during import the data to Exchange2K.  I have used the
LDP utility to check the exchange2k server and was unable to connect.  So, I
think there is something wrong with the LDAP.

Kevin

> No, it is not suppose to show in the Protocols section.

> It is part of Active Directory, what exactly are you trying to do with it.

> Mark Fugatt

> > Is it suppose to show in the protocols section?  I only see HTTP, IMAP4,
> > NNTP, POP3, SMTP, and X400.  How can I add LDAP in?

> > Kevin

> > > LDAP is installed by default, it is actually part of Active Directory.

> > > Mark Fugatt

> Do

Is LDAP install by default?

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Mon, 20 Aug 2001 02:52:48

>In the Exchange2K System Manager, I can't find LDAP under protocol.  Do I
>need to install it manually?

LDAP is a directory protocol. Exchange 2000 has no directory of its
own. If you're looking for the directory, it's either your DC (port
389) or your GC (port 3268), depending on what you're looking for.

Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP