Database Size

Post by Paul » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 00:40:12

How can I determine the size of the Exchange database.
We are not running Enterprise so I would like to know
well in advance if we are approaching 16GB.

Thanks.

Database Size

Post by Leif Pederse » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 01:07:56

Hi,

If you add the priv1.edb and priv1.stm files you should get the size of the
private information store.

Leif

Database Size

Post by Paul » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 01:21:26

Thanks Leif.  I was hoping for a performance counter or
something that would send me an alert when the size
breached a threshould.  Any other ideas?

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi,

>If you add the priv1.edb and priv1.stm files you should
get the size of the
>private information store.

>Leif

>.

Database Size

Post by Michae » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 01:43:43

The Operations Manager server with the Exchange Pack might be able to do the
threshhold and alerting.

Something to look into.

HTH

Quote:> Thanks Leif.  I was hoping for a performance counter or
> something that would send me an alert when the size
> breached a threshould.  Any other ideas?

1. MSExchangeIS (122) The database engine has reached its maximum database size

Hi,
I need some help. Our Exchange expert is on vacation and
we are experiencing a problem with the Exchange server.

The Event Viewer reported;

ESE97 Warning Space Management 166 N/A
MSExchangeIS (122) The database engine has reached its
maximum database size 4194304

What can we do about this to get Exchange going again?

Any assistance would be appreciated

John

2. How to log in to built-in LDAP?

3. Exmerge increases my database size tremendisly

4. Outlook Web Access, Please Help!

5. Database size limits message

6. Backing up

7. Exchange Database Size