Moving clients to new Exchanger server in new site

Moving clients to new Exchanger server in new site

Post by Andy Web » Tue, 13 Jun 2000 04:00:00

First, Windows 2000 requires Exchange 5.5 SP3 to be supported.

Second, use ExMerge.

Simpler-Webb, Inc.  Austin, TX  "Mauve has more RAM" -Dilbert
Exchange FAQ   -   http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

> We are currently branching off and need to move a good portion of our
> clients, both exchange mailboxes and custom recipients, to a new server in
> new site.  The new server is a Windows 2000 machine with Exchange 5.5 sp2.
> What is the easiest / safest way of doing this?  I can't access the web
very
> often, so I ask that you email me if you can.  Thanks

> Scott Meadows
> Systems Engineer

> Thanks.

1. After Server move to new Site - Server shows in old and new site

Organization consists of First Exchange server in main site EX5.5 STD
SP2 running IMC

4 Other sites each with one server over 64k leased lines.

2 servers are showing up both in the original site and in thier
correct site

Looks like the directory synchronisation is in a mess - can anyone
help with solutions for this

Would the Knowledge consistency checker be the correct tool to use ?

Any Thoughts , Suggestions welcomed

Thanks for any Assistance  Brian

2. Setting up dead letter boxes/ blocking spam

3. Moving clients to a new Exchange server in a new site

4. Search all mailboxes for specific attachment

5. Moving Exchange to New Server, New Domain, New Site

6. Multiple Exchange Servers and SMTP Custom Recipients

7. Slow Performance after moving to a new site and moving to a new server

8. How do I change my Organization?

9. Moving mailboxes from an old server to a new server in a new site

10. Moving Exchange server to new site + new domain [HELP]

11. moving mailboxes to new server in a new site

12. moving logon and mailbox to a new server in a new site

13. How Can I move my old exchanger server machine to new one