Where do i install ADC? Exchange PC? DC? separate PC?

Where do i install ADC? Exchange PC? DC? separate PC?

Post by jm » Wed, 06 Mar 2002 01:06:02

cannot find any info on this.

any help would be appreicated.

Rgds.

Where do i install ADC? Exchange PC? DC? separate PC?

Post by Baris Eri » Wed, 06 Mar 2002 08:27:55

Doesn't matter. It's ok to install it anywhere.

Rule of thumb is not to exceed 75-100 ADC Recipient CAs per dedicated ADC
server. In a typical smallbiz environment, Exchange server itself, or one of
the AD domain controllers would do the job.

HTH,

Baris.

--
Visit these sites to automatically update your system:
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and http://office.microsoft.com

Quote:> cannot find any info on this.

> any help would be appreicated.

> Rgds.

1. How to install KMS in separate PC?

Hello,

Our company wants to install Key Management Server in a new NT Server
which is seperate from exchange server PC, both NT Servers are in same
domain.  I installed Exchange Server Administrator in new NT
Server and it can successfully connect to Exchange Server, then I
installed KMS, but failed.  The error message said "Unable to get the
Enterprise information.  Verify the Microsoft Exchange Directory is
running and you have Microsoft Exchange Administrative rights then try
again."  My exchange server is enterprise edition, I use administrator
account which is also exchange service startup account and the exchange
server is running.  What's wrong?  Does KMS have to install in the same
PC with Exchange Server?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

2. Directory Import in Exchange Server 4.0

3. Personal Address Books (from PC to Mac or Mac to PC)

4. How to configure internal mail system with Exchange 5.5

5. Exchange migration from one PC to another PC on the network, how can it be done?

6. Synchronize my psion with my outlook Agenda

7. removing old dc promoting new pc exchange on 3rd pc where did my schema go?

8. OWA on a Windows 2k Cluster running Exchange 5.5 SP4

9. Exchange migration from one PC to another PC on the network, how can it be done?

10. Installing Exchange Service on Windows 98 PC

11. Howto install exchange PC independent for users?

12. New SBS2K install - Exchange Recreating Messages as New on 2000 Professional PC's

13. install 5.5 administrator on client pc