Mobile Information Server

Post by roy riva » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 04:46:12

When I try to install mobile informatio server. I get a
message that says

Setup has determined that the Active Directory Schema must
be extended.
Please have Your Schema Admin run the command:

setup.exe /vFORESTPREP=1

Mobile Information Server

Post by Greg Bolles [MSFT » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 07:41:14

Yes.  The Active Directory schema of your network forest must contain
definitions for MIS objects.  In order to populate the AD schema, you need
schema admin permissions.  Have an administrator with those permissions log
in, open a command window, and type in the command below.

Use of any included samples is subject to the terms specified at

Quote:> When I try to install mobile informatio server. I get a
> message that says

> Setup has determined that the Active Directory Schema must
> be extended.
> Please have Your Schema Admin run the command:

> setup.exe /vFORESTPREP=1

1. Microsoft Mobile Information Server

All articles I have read say you need Active Directory for
Mobile Info Server. But all these documents assume you
will use Exchange 2000. MIS is compatible with Exchange
5.5 SP4, so do I still need AD if using Exchange 5.5 SP4??
Thanks for any info.

Jim.

2. Mail box listing, is it possible???

3. Mobile Information Server

4. room reservation

5. new WebDAV patch breaks Mobile Information Server?

6. Why Won't NTLM Authentification Work???

7. Problem w. Mobile Information server after SP3

8. Active Server

9. Mobile Information Server

10. Exchange AND Mobile Information Server

11. Mobile Information Server 2002

12. one more time : Is MS mobile information server is compatible with E5.5