Exchange 2000 Setup with multiple email domains??

Exchange 2000 Setup with multiple email domains??

Post by Martin » Fri, 30 Aug 2002 14:12:23

Good afternoon,

Would anyone be able to supply me with info on setting up Exchange2K in AD
domain with multiple email domains support?

Basically I have a domain which is the mother company and everyone logs into
it. I will be installing Exchange2K on this. My question is how to set it up
so people can have email accounts from other domains( so people log into
aaa.com AD domain, but we also have domains bbb.com, ccc.com and ddd.com -
these are only domain names, the actual AD domains don't exist) we own?

At the moment all our domain names are managed by web hosting company, we
want to bring them all in-house.

Am I making any sense? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

MartinM

Exchange 2000 Setup with multiple email domains??

Post by Chris Scharff [MVP » Sat, 31 Aug 2002 01:25:08

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002 15:12:23 +1000, "Martin M"

>Good afternoon,

>Would anyone be able to supply me with info on setting up Exchange2K in AD
>domain with multiple email domains support?

Add the domains you wish to receive mail for to a recipient policy in
the ESM.

--
Chris Scharff MVP-Exchange, MCSE
The Mail Resource Center

Exchange 2000 Setup with multiple email domains??

Post by Mark Weisma » Mon, 02 Sep 2002 18:24:59

If you're bringing the domain names in-house, all you need to do is set up
the domain name namespace on the connector, then configure the users with
their addresses at which ever of the domain names they use. Make sure that
the DNS records (on the Inet) contain an MX record pointing to your mail
server. You should be just about done.

His servant,
Mark

Quote:> Good afternoon,

> Would anyone be able to supply me with info on setting up Exchange2K in AD
> domain with multiple email domains support?

> Basically I have a domain which is the mother company and everyone logs
into
> it. I will be installing Exchange2K on this. My question is how to set it
up
> so people can have email accounts from other domains( so people log into
> aaa.com AD domain, but we also have domains bbb.com, ccc.com and ddd.com -
> these are only domain names, the actual AD domains don't exist) we own?

> At the moment all our domain names are managed by web hosting company, we
> want to bring them all in-house.

> Am I making any sense? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

> Kind regards

> MartinM

1. Exchange 2000 Setup with multiple email domains??

Good afternoon,

Would anyone be able to supply me with info on setting up Exchange2K in AD
domain with multiple email domains support?

Basically I have a domain which is the mother company and everyone logs into
it. I will be installing Exchange2K on this. My question is how to set it up
so people can have email accounts from other domains( so people log into
aaa.com AD domain, but we also have domains bbb.com, ccc.com and ddd.com -
these are only domain names, the actual AD domains don't exist) we own?

At the moment all our domain names are managed by web hosting company, we
want to bring them all in-house.

Am I making any sense? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

MartinM

2. Remote Out of Office Assistant with OL98

3. Multiple domains in Exchange 2000 - Looking for the perfect setup

4. HotFixes?

5. How to setup my Exchange 2000 server to recevie more than one domain's email

6. Change Site Name

7. How to setup two domain name's email accounts in MS Exchange 2000 Server

8. One More Question- Site Connector

9. Having multiple email id in a single domain in exchange 2000

10. Exchange 2000 and multiple email domains

11. Exchange 2000 Multiple Email Domains

12. multiple email domains on single exchange 2000 server

13. Internet EMail for Multiple Domains - How to setup ?