Site Replication

Post by Peter » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 05:48:05

Hi,

You may want to look at E2k3 which over and above the
default stores and storage groups you can create has a
recovery storage group which may help you with your
redundancy, Win2K3 also provides a feature called volume
shadow copy which may help get "snapshots" of your priv's,
as far as I know they will need to be offline for that.

Peter.B

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>In Exchange 2000, sites are primarily defined by Active
Directory for
>replication, and routing groups are used to define
Exchange high
>speed/availability networks.

>If your site goes "down," there is no method for

transferring everything
>over without performing a number of significant steps on
the server and
>client side. Your better bet would be to make efforts for
fault tolerance
>and redundancy on the primary site.

>--
>David Wyatt (PSS)
>Product Support Services
>Microsoft Corporation

confers no rights.
>Note: Please do NOT reply to this e-mail address. It is
used for newsgroup
>purposes only.

>> What is the best way to acheieve Exchange 2000 site
>> replication across WAN links?  Basically I have two
sites,
>> 1 site is the primary the other site is the secondary
>> site, and I want the secondary site to be in a passive
>> state until the primary site goes down, How does the
>> Exchange 2000 mailstore or database get transferred to
the
>> second site?  Please provide any information if
possible.

>.

Site Replication

Post by Al Mulnic » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 09:44:13

Aside from that, I think the term you want to investigate is Geoclustering.
That can be prohibitively expensive, but if you go through and define what
you *really* need, it may be a good answer.  I like Peter's suggestion to
use the RSG or VSS.  If you use either of those, you still have to move the
data over to the other site and have really good recovery processes.

The solution depends on what you really need.  If you just need email
capability restored in a short period of time but can wait for the data for
a period of time, then RSG is a good way to go. If you need the data and the
capability back really quick, then VSS or GeoClustering is a good option.
VSS will take a little more time while you identify there's a problem and
kick recovery into action.  You'll also have to reconfigure clients most
likely.  GeoClustering works like regular clustering except over longer
distances.

Al

> Hi,

> You may want to look at E2k3 which over and above the
> default stores and storage groups you can create has a
> recovery storage group which may help you with your
> redundancy, Win2K3 also provides a feature called volume
> shadow copy which may help get "snapshots" of your priv's,
> as far as I know they will need to be offline for that.

> Peter.B

1. Site replication (mail replication)

Can you use Active Directory intersite-replication in one
organization for Exchange mail server failover?  Can site
A be the primary mail server and fail over to site B with
a secondary mail server and contain the same user mailbox
or information store?

2. what kind of power i need for 100,000 messages per day

3. Site to Site Replication

4. Need separate authentication to Microsoft Exchange 5.5

5. Deleting a site replication

6. MSExchange MU (Metabase Update failed to replicate Question)

7. Site Replication Services

8. Shared Addressbook

9. Site Replication Service

10. Can't remove phantom Site Replication Service

11. Exchange 2K and MSExchangeSRS (Site replication service) Problem

12. Site Replication Service