Add message/disclaimer to all outbound email

Add message/disclaimer to all outbound email

Post by Andy Hal » Fri, 13 Dec 2002 00:53:05

Hi,

Is there a way to add a disclaimer message to all outbound email without
using a third party application.

We are currently using Exchange 2000 SP2

Thanks,

Andy

Add message/disclaimer to all outbound email

Post by Greg Kelle » Fri, 13 Dec 2002 04:13:57

Yes, here are the articles:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;288098
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317327

288098 is by far the best but it requires you being able to use C++ code and
compile it.  I took the code from that and made alterations so that the
disclaimer text is pulled from the registry.  Reply back if you need
assistance on that.

--
Greg Kelley
SS&G Technology Consulting, LLC

Quote:> Hi,

> Is there a way to add a disclaimer message to all outbound email without
> using a third party application.

> We are currently using Exchange 2000 SP2

> Thanks,

> Andy

Add message/disclaimer to all outbound email

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Fri, 13 Dec 2002 04:55:04

You have a couple of options open to you, you can use the Microsoft method
of creating and SMTP Event Sink, here are a few articles that explain
different methods of implementing SMTP Event Sink based disclaimers:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q288098
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q317327
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q317680

Or a free one www.customermagnetism.co.uk/downloads_mxclaim.html