Exchange Disaster Recovery becoming a Disaster

Exchange Disaster Recovery becoming a Disaster

Post by Mike » Sat, 19 Jan 2002 01:42:19

Good Afternoon

We are trying to restore Exchange 2K onto a different server.

We are following the restore procedure from the MS Exchange website and have
done a basic installation of Windows 2K and have restored the Active
Directory. However have the following problem.

When we attempt to re-install Exchange using the /DisaterRecovery switch the
installation immediately fails with the following error in the Event Viewer:

The description for Event ID (1005) in source (BOExchangeSetup) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following
information is part of the event: The system cannot find the specified.
Facility:Win32 ID no: c0070002 Microsoft Exchange Setup.

We have restored the AD for a second time with the same result.

Is there away around this problem or maybe a better route to restoring
Exchange??

Thanks

Mike

Exchange Disaster Recovery becoming a Disaster

Post by Kevin Mille » Wed, 30 Jan 2002 01:19:18

What software are you unsung in this restore??

--
~Kevinm WLKMMAS

Quote:> Good Afternoon

> We are trying to restore Exchange 2K onto a different server.

> We are following the restore procedure from the MS Exchange website and
have
> done a basic installation of Windows 2K and have restored the Active
> Directory. However have the following problem.

> When we attempt to re-install Exchange using the /DisaterRecovery switch
the
> installation immediately fails with the following error in the Event
Viewer:

> The description for Event ID (1005) in source (BOExchangeSetup) cannot be
> found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information
or
> message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The
following
> information is part of the event: The system cannot find the specified.
> Facility:Win32 ID no: c0070002 Microsoft Exchange Setup.

> We have restored the AD for a second time with the same result.

> Is there away around this problem or maybe a better route to restoring
> Exchange??

> Thanks

> Mike

1. Exchange Disaster Recovery becoming a Disaster

[...]

2. Exchange 2003 - Multiple Drives, are they needed anymore?

3. Disaster Recovery - I need to create damage in InfoStore to test recovery procedures

4. Offline Address book - running out of ideas

5. Exchange Replication for Disaster Recovery

6. total newb: exchange 2K pop3 not working out

7. Recovery exchange server after disaster

8. NTBACKUP not connectiing to exchange server

9. Exchange 2000 - Disaster Recovery - effects

10. Exchange 2000 Disaster Recovery Plan

11. Exchange Disaster Recovery Failed

12. Disaster Recovery Exchange/AD runthrough

13. Exchange 2000 - Disaster Recovery - effects