IIS and STORE.exe Memory leak

Post by Stewart Saathof » Thu, 16 Jan 2003 22:20:07

Hello everyone, I have what appears to be a serious problem.  I have a
server that is a dual processor box wth 2.0Ghz Xeon Processors, 1GB of RAM
and a buch of HDD Space in a RAID 5 Config.

Installed on this server I have IIS, Exchange 2000 and SQL 7.  All Server
apps have the newest Service Packs.  I have even applied all updates for
IIS.  The problem is IIS and Exchange (inetinfo.exe and STORE.exe) are
taking up an unusual amount of RAM and they continualy are increasing.
Currently they are at 345MB of RAM a piece.  I have seen exchange and SQL do
this before, but not IIS, so I am concerned.  I did have a virus on this
server before, but that has been cleaned up according to my best knowledge.
Does anyone have ANY suggsstions.

Thanks, Stewart

IIS and STORE.exe Memory leak

Post by Bob » Sat, 18 Jan 2003 03:15:26

There is a problem with Exchange's "M: drive", IIS, and
Virtual roots.  I don't have the solution off the top of
my head...but I saw it at support.microsoft.com in the KB.

By the way 345MB is not bad for RAM usage.

Bob

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hello everyone, I have what appears to be a serious
problem.  I have a
>server that is a dual processor box wth 2.0Ghz Xeon

Processors, 1GB of RAM
Quote:>and a buch of HDD Space in a RAID 5 Config.

>Installed on this server I have IIS, Exchange 2000 and
SQL 7.  All Server
>apps have the newest Service Packs.  I have even applied
all updates for
>IIS.  The problem is IIS and Exchange (inetinfo.exe and
STORE.exe) are
>taking up an unusual amount of RAM and they continualy
are increasing.
>Currently they are at 345MB of RAM a piece.  I have seen
exchange and SQL do
>this before, but not IIS, so I am concerned.  I did have
a virus on this
>server before, but that has been cleaned up according to
my best knowledge.
>Does anyone have ANY suggsstions.

>Thanks, Stewart

>.

1. IIS and STORE.exe memory leak

Hello everyone, I have what appears to be a serious problem.  I have a
server that is a dual processor box wth 2.0Ghz Xeon Processors, 1GB of RAM
and a buch of HDD Space in a RAID 5 Config.

Installed on this server I have IIS, Exchange 2000 and SQL 7.  All Server
apps have the newest Service Packs.  I have even applied all updates for
IIS.  The problem is IIS and Exchange (inetinfo.exe and STORE.exe) are
taking up an unusual amount of RAM and they continualy are increasing.
Currently they are at 345MB of RAM a piece.  I have seen exchange and SQL do
this before, but not IIS, so I am concerned.  I did have a virus on this
server before, but that has been cleaned up according to my best knowledge.
Does anyone have ANY suggsstions.

Thanks, Stewart

2. Petition for Microsoft

3. front and back end server

4. Store.exe leaks memory until the Information Store stops responding

5. Possible to change what port OWA listens on?

6. Store.exe leaking memory

7. Exchange / VPN

8. Store.exe possible memory leak?

9. XADM: A Memory Leak in Store.exe Degrades Performance

10. STORE.EXE memory leaking

11. store.exe memory leak

12. Exchange 2000 store.exe memory leak