Password problems

Post by mark » Wed, 04 Sep 2002 22:10:59

I have set up exchange 2000 in conjuction with active
directory and it has been working great for about 4 months
now. I have recently been rolling out some new computer to
the end users on our network and once i have everything
loaded on their machines, Windows XP, office XP, etc I
have the users logon to the network with their same
passwords that they have been using, but outlook does not
except them. Only when i go and reboot the exchange server
does it except their passwords!! Does anybody know why
this is happening?

Password problems

Post by sam » Thu, 05 Sep 2002 16:19:55

GC

Quote:> I have set up exchange 2000 in conjuction with active
> directory and it has been working great for about 4 months
> now. I have recently been rolling out some new computer to
> the end users on our network and once i have everything
> loaded on their machines, Windows XP, office XP, etc I
> have the users logon to the network with their same
> passwords that they have been using, but outlook does not
> except them. Only when i go and reboot the exchange server
> does it except their passwords!! Does anybody know why
> this is happening?

1. password problem and syncronization problem

Here's my setup...
Exchange Server 4.0, NT Server 4.0, Win95 Exchange 4.0 clients.  Remote
clients dial into NT RAS using DUN with NETBEUI as the protocol.

Here are the fixes I've tried so far...
Optimize the RPC bind order

Here are my questions...
1.      This question concerns passwords.  Our remote users use Dial Up
Networking to connect through RAS to the Exchange Server.  Since the remote
users have no networks in their remote offices, they don't have (or want)
passwords on their Win95 machines.  However, the only way I have found to
connect them through RAS to the Exchange Server is to set their Windows
logon name and password or Windows networking name and password to be
identical to their NT Server account name and password.  Is this right or
is there a way for the NT Server to prompt for this information when they
dial in?  This is the number one problem and complaint I get from remote
users.

2.      This question is...What's the best way for remote users to work in
Exchange? Should they work Offline or Connected?  When they connect first,
they tend to forget to disconnect when they're done, so the phone bills add
up quickly.  When they work offline, they compose their messages and then
use the 'deliver now' option.  The problem working this way is
syncronization.  Some users complain that syncronization takes too long (30
minutes or more) or that syncronization never finishes at all.  If they
work offline and use 'remote mail' they must connect once to download
headers and then again to process marked messages.  My solution has been to
add personal folders as the default delivery location and disable offline
folder use.  This way, there is no syncronization since all messages are
store on the client. They then work offline and use 'deliver now' when they
want to send and receive messages.  Am I missing something here?  What's
the preferred method for remote users?
Alan Brewer

2. Restricting Access to Inbox

3. OWA & Password problem

4. CDO?

5. OWA password problem

6. Upgrade to another laguage version

7. OWA Password Problem

8. Auto forwarded message formats get converted....

9. Exchange/Outlook Client password problem

10. Password problem: Accessing Exchange 5.0 through the Web..

11. password problems

12. OWA Password Problem

13. Outlook 2002 password problem...