Exchange 2000 hangs up if AD user account is disabled.

Post by Tyso » Sat, 08 Feb 2003 05:13:01

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this issue or has
anyone else come across it.

Whenever we disable an AD user account, the Application
Log on our Exchange 2000 Server imediatley begins to fill
with hundreds of warnings that effectively stops the
server from working.  The error message is as follows :

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MSExchangeIS
Event Category: General
Event ID: 9548
Date: 11/3/2000
Time: 4:24:54 PM
User: N/A
Computer: XYZ
Disabled
user /o=Microsoft/ou=AdminGroup/cn=Recipients/cn=Alias
does not have a master account SID. Please use Active
Directory MMC to set an active account as this user's
master account.

I found and KB article that explains why this happens (
XADM 278966 ), but is there any way to fix this.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.