Automatic Name Resolution- Check Name

Post by sjohnso » Wed, 28 Feb 2001 06:39:27

We have 2 exchange servers in our organization. One has the display name
with first name first and the other is last name first. (this will be
changing to be consistantwith each other)

The problem is when you open outlook to send an email message, you can type
in the first name of someone and when you click on check name, you will only
see people from the server with first name first.

If you type in the last name in a new email and do a check name, you will
see all the people with that last name no matter which server it is on.

My question is why one server will not search on the first name when the
first name field is filled out and the last name field is filled out.

Both servers are exchange 5.5 with sp 4 on NT sp5.

Sue

Automatic Name Resolution- Check Name

Post by Andy Web » Wed, 28 Feb 2001 17:44:24

because the display name field is indexed, as is the last name field, but
the first name field isn't by default.

so, when you type in first names, it is actually matching against the
display name.  when you type in last names it is matching against the last
name field.

you can change this by changing the properties of the first name field in
the AD Schema so that it's indexed for ANR.