exchange server 5.5 newsfeed

Post by <quinn> » Wed, 27 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I had a news feed installed on my exchange server.
now i have removed it, but the newsgroups are still in my public folders,
and some news group addresses are in my global address list.

how do i get rid of these?

quinn michaels

exchange server 5.5 newsfeed

Post by Greg Diederic » Wed, 27 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Using an exchange/outlook client logon to the exchange database as
administrator (I assume this is the owner of the nntp folders), drill into
the Internet news folder, choose select all from the menu and then delete.

>I had a news feed installed on my exchange server.
>now i have removed it, but the newsgroups are still in my public folders,
>and some news group addresses are in my global address list.

>how do i get rid of these?

>quinn michaels

exchange server 5.5 newsfeed

Post by Douglas Buchana » Wed, 27 Jan 1999 04:00:00

The folder owners can delete them from the clients. Once this is done the
addresses will not exist in the GAL. You can also hide the address under the
Advanced tab of the folder in Exchange Administrator.

>I had a news feed installed on my exchange server.
>now i have removed it, but the newsgroups are still in my public folders,
>and some news group addresses are in my global address list.

>how do i get rid of these?

>quinn michaels

exchange server 5.5 newsfeed

Post by Ian Morris » Thu, 28 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Just delete the folders from outlook (if you are the owner, can be set from
Exchange admin)
Regards
Ian
WSH FAQ http://wsh.glazier.co.nz/frame.htm
Collaborate Today http://collaborate.glazier.co.nz

>I had a news feed installed on my exchange server.
>now i have removed it, but the newsgroups are still in my public folders,
>and some news group addresses are in my global address list.

>how do i get rid of these?

>quinn michaels

1. exchange server 5.5 newsfeed

I had a news feed installed on my exchange server.
now i have removed it, but the newsgroups are still in my public folders,
and some news group addresses are in my global address list.

how do i get rid of these?

quinn michaels

2. 5.1.1 NDR problem

3. Exchange Server 5.5: Newsfeed not working

4. Outbound Mail doesn't go, interoffice only! HELP!

5. exchange server 5.5 newsfeed

6. Changing mailbox and function in VB modified form.

7. Creating appointment

8. Newsfeed / Newsgroup setup in exchange server 5.5

9. Setting Outbound newsfeed port in Exchange 5.5

10. newsfeed in exchange 5.0/5.5

11. setting up newsfeed on Exchange 5.5