Migration of Exchange 2000 to New Exchange 2000 server of the same name

Migration of Exchange 2000 to New Exchange 2000 server of the same name

Post by Duan » Sat, 29 Jun 2002 01:55:11

Hello Everyone, does any one know where I might be able to
locate information on the best practice of migrating an
Exchange 2000 server to a newer and faster Exchange 2000
server of the same name?  I was able to find one for
Exchange 5.5 (knowledge base article # Q155216), but I was
looking more for one tailored for Exchange 2000.  Thanks
for your help, I am looking forward to hearing from anyone
who might have some insights into this topic.

Oh, by the way both operating systems are Windows 2000
Advanced Servers, utilizing Active Directory.  Thanks
again.  :-)

Duane

Migration of Exchange 2000 to New Exchange 2000 server of the same name

Post by Ed Woodric » Sat, 29 Jun 2002 06:56:00

Install the new server with a different name, use the move user method to
move users. Outlook will automatically update the servername as long as
everyone logs on once after their mailbox has moved. See Move Server method
in FAQ at www.swinc.com

Quote:> Hello Everyone, does any one know where I might be able to
> locate information on the best practice of migrating an
> Exchange 2000 server to a newer and faster Exchange 2000
> server of the same name?  I was able to find one for
> Exchange 5.5 (knowledge base article # Q155216), but I was
> looking more for one tailored for Exchange 2000.  Thanks
> for your help, I am looking forward to hearing from anyone
> who might have some insights into this topic.

> Oh, by the way both operating systems are Windows 2000
> Advanced Servers, utilizing Active Directory.  Thanks
> again.  :-)

> Duane

Migration of Exchange 2000 to New Exchange 2000 server of the same name

Post by Duan » Tue, 02 Jul 2002 20:50:04

Thanks for the help!  :-)

Duane

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Install the new server with a different name, use the
move user method to
>move users. Outlook will automatically update the

servername as long as
>everyone logs on once after their mailbox has moved. See
Move Server method
>in FAQ at www.swinc.com

>> Hello Everyone, does any one know where I might be able
>> locate information on the best practice of migrating an
>> Exchange 2000 server to a newer and faster Exchange 2000
>> server of the same name?  I was able to find one for
>> Exchange 5.5 (knowledge base article # Q155216), but I
was
>> looking more for one tailored for Exchange 2000.  Thanks
>> for your help, I am looking forward to hearing from
anyone
>> who might have some insights into this topic.

>> Oh, by the way both operating systems are Windows 2000
>> Advanced Servers, utilizing Active Directory.  Thanks
>> again.  :-)

>> Duane

>.

1. InterOrg Migration from Exchange 2000 Organisation to new Exchange 2000/2003 Organisation

Hello togehter,

I have following situation

Current:            1 AD/Exchange 2000 Organisation
                        1 NT4/Exchange 5.5 Organisation
                        1 AD/Exchange 5.5 Organisation
End Situation:
                        1 AD/Exchange 2003 Organisation

I not have any problem to consolidate th to Exchange 5.5 Organisation (one
we to already), and also consolidate
the AD's and NT Domain it's not a problem.

But how i can take the Exchange 2000 Organisation on the easyest way without
lose less data/permission.
If someone have a idea i'm very happy.

Regards
Markus Erlacher
MSCE on Wiindows Server 2003

2. cannot browse the GAL

3. Exchange 2000 migration to exchange 2003 on new server

4. Upgrade Questions

5. Exchange 2000 migration to a new 2000 Domain

6. monitoring IMS mail possible?

7. Migrating from one Exchange 2000 server to a new Exchange 2000 server

8. Front-End installation error (0xC00706FD)

9. Migration from Win2K AD w/Exchange 5.5 - to - new Win2K AD w/Exchange 2000

10. Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 Migration from NT4 to new AD Domain

11. Migration from Win2K AD w/Exchange 5.5 - to - new Win2K AD w/Exchange 2000