IMS on clustered server

Post by Chri » Mon, 20 Jan 2003 01:02:58

Hi all,
I read that oficially Instant Messaging is not supported on clustered Ex2k
servers. Did anyone overcome this limitation? How?

Thanks,
Chris

IMS on clustered server

Post by Jack Xu [MSF » Tue, 21 Jan 2003 10:44:48

Hello Chris,

Not all Exchange 2000 Server components work in a clustered environment.
For more information about the Components Supported in a Clustered
Environment, and the Unsupported Components, please refer to the following
KB article:

HOW TO: Implement Exchange 2000 Server on a Windows 2000-Based Cluster
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;328875

Regards,
Jack Xu
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

from your issue.

1. Installing IMS on cluster server

Hi
        We have just had a cluster server installed and Exchange has been
installed on to it. A default Exchange installation was done on the active
node and the update ran on the passive node. My question is what is the
process for installing the IMS. I have installed the IMS as standard on the
Active node and got a message that this service needs installing on the
passive node. However when I try to install it on the passive node I get an
error saying it already exists. However when I try the failover process from
the active node to the passive node the IMS does not start up. I know I have
missed something out but I'm not sure what.Any suggestions would be helpful

thanks

Ken

2. Have two volumes in a RAID array, what should I do with information stores?

3. DNS error setting up IMS on Cluster Server

4. This is a real weird one.

5. IMS on cluster server

6. POP3 access and mail relaying - Any ideas?

7. Can't install IMS Exchange Server 5.5 on a Cluster Server

8. Deploying Exchange Web Access securely

9. DNS error when installing IMS on Clustered Exchange

10. IMS failing on cluster group move

11. IMS Cluster failed to register inetcomm.dll

12. IMS/Cluster question

13. Exchange 5.5 on W2K cluster. trouble installing IMS