Web access brings server to crawl

Post by Chris Havelk » Tue, 13 May 1997 04:00:00

I just upgraded my Exchange from the free download 5.0 version to the
Registered version. It looked like everything was great. I just tried to
logon with IE 3.02 and it my the server almost lock up. I have to stop the
inet server process. The Cpu meter was pinned after accessing
\\myserver\exchange.

It was working before?

The only thing that looks suspicious is in the protocols under the server
icon and check under protocols there is no http setting icon . Pop3 Nntp,
and Ldap are there.

I would like to know how to put it back.

The htp protocol is in the Configuration/Protocols are along with the rest.

Any suggestions would be great.

Chris Havelka
Loeber Motors

Web access brings server to crawl

Post by B.R. Burrough » Wed, 14 May 1997 04:00:00

You might want to check out the MS KB article id Q164014. It lists some
information regarding this type of problem.  Also, check your Task Manager
Process and see if the DSAMAIN.EXE process is gobbling up CPU resources
(this is what's happening at my shop).

Quote:> I just upgraded my Exchange from the free download 5.0 version to the
> Registered version. It looked like everything was great. I just tried to
> logon with IE 3.02 and it my the server almost lock up. I have to stop
the
> inet server process. The Cpu meter was pinned after accessing
> \\myserver\exchange.

> It was working before?

We still haven't gotten ours to work!

Quote:

> The only thing that looks suspicious is in the protocols under the server
> icon and check under protocols there is no http setting icon . Pop3 Nntp,
> and Ldap are there.

This is the logical place for the HTTP protocol but for some reason its not
there for me either.  Was it originally there when you were running the
beta?

--

Benton R. Burroughs
Network Administrator

Web access brings server to crawl

Post by orutr » Mon, 19 May 1997 04:00:00

Install  Service Pack 3 Windows NT 4.
More information about this problem in KB Q164014 (deadlock in LSASS)

> I just upgraded my Exchange from the free download 5.0 version to the
> Chris Havelka
> Loeber Motors

1. Web access brings server to crawl

I just upgraded my Exchange from the free download 5.0 version to the
Registered version. It looked like everything was great. I just tried to
logon with IE 3.02 and it my the server almost lock up. I have to stop the
inet server process. The Cpu meter was pinned after accessing
\\myserver\exchange.

It was working before?

The only thing that looks suspicious is in the protocols under the server
icon and check under protocols there is no http setting icon . Pop3 Nntp,
and Ldap are there.

I would like to know how to put it back.

The htp protocol is in the Configuration/Protocols are along with the rest.

Any suggestions would be great.

Chris Havelka
Loeber Motors

2. Do I need 2nd server ???

3. Outlook 2002

4. help someone please

5. restoring exchange databases

6. Exchange server public mdb security violation slows server to crawl

7. Moving Web Access component on to another machine that is currently our web server

8. Outlook Web Access (OWA) and seperate web server

9. Outlook Web Access installation on Standalone Web Server

10. exchange web access with outlook web server